Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm am planing to try to put a 6G75 MiVEC in my Chrysler Cirrus Lx, witch has a 6G73 in it. Never seen it done before so i guess i will be the first to it. :lol: I want to use the stock computers and transmission.
The only thing is will i need to modify the passenger side motor mounts so i can get it in my car or can i just bolt the ones from the 6G73 on it?
Also is there any wiring diagrams for the 6G75 MiVEC?

·
Crazy?
713 Posts
You will need a stand alone or piggyback to tune the fuel and timing curves and to control the mivec. Your 604 trans probably will not like the power. Prepare to spit the differential out and crack the trans case. Besides the engine may be too tall for the engine bay. The uim won't fit, too tall. I have a cirrus in the lock up yard and looking at the engine bay leads me to believe you will have a hand full. Better off putting a t25 or t3 turbo and piggy back on it. You will net about the same hp and prolly get better mileage from it. I was running a 2.5 in my car for a year to practice tuning and when I was about to bolt a turbo on it, it spit a timing tensioner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah I'm going get the AEM f/ic6. I'm am planing to upgrade the transmission down the road. would you have any idea on a transmission?
I'm not afraid of having to modify anything to get this engine in the car.
Also the engine is on its last legs and i didn't pay anything for this car so i don't really care if i mess it up or destroy it in the process of doing this.

·
Crazy?
713 Posts
transmission wise personally I would look at a Daytona or Shadow v-6 manual transmission. you could follow this tread for ideas you could apply because you have similar cars.check out this thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK thanks, i plan to buy the Engine in the next few weeks, I'm also getting a Garrett GT35R turbo. are there any piston kits that will work with the 6G75?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts