Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Q's about 2004 stock audio

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  bgdakid 
#1 ·
Hi there! I'm new to these forums.
My daughter's 2004 4 cyl (base model: no spoiler or sun roof from factory) has what speakers in it? 5.25" or 6.75" on door and rear panels?

I just dropped a Sony Xplod unit in it and have some 5.25" already... just asking before I dig in and find decent Infinity speakers and wish I hadn't wasted my time.

I am building a 1.5 cu ft 10" ported sub box too (Planet Audio 400w RMS w/Memphis 1100w amp)... I will post pics/video of that too :)
Thanks! Tim

#3 ·
Searching would have found that
I did search. It's good to know that this forum is like all the rest on the internet: always a smart a$$ comment attached to the reply... geesh

I never understood why people do that. You build a forum to encourage people to talk, charge for the ad space, etc, then tell them they did not search diligently enough because the answer was simple for you to find. If you don't want to answer, keep moving, please.

It's 10:30 pm and I want to order some speakers and knew that the experts would be here.

So I have the size now, but no other info. I think they are not Infinity because that's another amp setup. But I wander what the specs are.

BTW - Thanks

#4 ·
I call bullshit. A search of the phrase "door speaker size" will get you this thread first http://www.club3g.com/forum/car-audio-electronics/41968-front-door-speaker-size.html
And "rear speaker size" http://www.club3g.com/forum/car-audio-electronics/77148-speaker-sizes.html

And the Only sticky that is located on the top of every forum: http://www.club3g.com/forum/3g-ecli.../144631-members-c3g-read-before-you-post.html

Get over your butthurt and stop looking to be spoon fed information that has been collected over the last decade

#6 ·
You never answered the question: WHAT speakers are in it. Not what SIZE. I got that from Crutchfield.
I am assuming they are not Inifinity, but are they 40W RMS 3 way or ?
Get over your fake-ish post teenage angst and learn to read. My original post said I didn't want to dig in and doscover a decent speaker like Inifinity waiting on me and wish I hadn't gone to the trouble.
Oh, and put your hat on straight. And thanks for proving yourself to be an unhelpful punk smartass.

#5 ·
You could have easily just searched. Just because the first search you did didnt have any results for what your looking for dosent mean anything. Search again with other keywords. But i will help you out and say that if the head unit does not say infinity on it, then it isnt infinity, simple as that.

#9 · (Edited)
Here's your one free-bee...Now Start searching.
Front door: 6.75" or oversized 6.5"
Tweeters: 3/4"
Rear panel: 6 x 9"
Center Dash: 3.5"

There you go.

EDIT: Don't assume. And They are 3 way.
they can handle about 15-20watts RMS each.
If you don't plan on replacing the radio or adding an amp you need to look for speakers that are 4ohms (its the most popular impedance used on inside speakers) don't require anymore than about 25-30watts RMS and have the highest sensitivity you can find because a speaker with a sensitivity rating that's 3 dB higher than another speaker's only needs half as much power to deliver the same amount of sound-- if not the sound will be distorted as you begin to get the volume about halfway up

#12 · (Edited)
for being a guru, i find this thread lackluster.

your attitude does kind of piss me off. you feel that your time is more important then ours, so instead of taking time to look for your answer, you would rather use that time to make a new post regarding a topic that hundreds have answered already(i know for a fact i have answered that question at least 10 times)?

i think you should start looking the "post whores" area of off topic-- i predict a run-in with Sam in your future...

#13 ·
Lol this thread made me laugh. Disappointed in el guapo for telling this guy anything. Don't worry we still love you guap. As far as this guy if you don't like the forum leave bitch and search sir on google like the ready of us. We don't work for you, this is mainly a database of info for YOU NEED TO READ, not for us to spoon feed you. People spend a lot of time taking pictures and writing up thread and you want cliff notes. Getting yourself banned fi rom your best source of info's probably not the smartest idea. Patiently waiting for Sam to chime in. :sly:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.