Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if its easy to replace the clutch cable if it breaks?? I am looking at an old car with this problem and was wondering if i could just fix it on spot and drive away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
12 mm wrench and some patience it’s right behind the dash. I suggest taking center console it to see the two bolts once you get them loose your golden.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well...... A clutch cable works with the clutch and disengages it.

A shift cable works with the transmission and shifts the internal forks, changing the gears.
I was joking...
the previous post to yours mentioned removing the center console, which of course reveals the shift cable, not a clutch cable...
and like you said, they could take the entire car apart and never find a clutch cable.
My ASSumption is the OP wasnt referring to 3gs, but rather another model, which is why I didnt respond in the first place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was joking...
the previous post to yours mentioned removing the center console, which of course reveals the shift cable, not a clutch cable...
and like you said, they could take the entire car apart and never find a clutch cable.
My ASSumption is the OP wasnt referring to 3gs, but rather another model, which is why I didnt respond in the first place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn’t notice until after I posted. It said clutch cable. I just changed shifter cables going manual from auto. Sorry for being human

·
Registered
97 Posts
I didn’t notice until after I posted. It said clutch cable. I just changed shifter cables going manual from auto. Sorry for being human
No offense intended...
if you managed to swap a/t to m/t by yourself, nobody is gonna think you're stupid.
Certainly that's more than 90% of Club3G members could pull off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts