Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already know that I have a burnt out "low gas" bulb. Then I was reading another post today and apparently there is a "low windshield wash fluid" bulb!? My question is can someone give a list of all the lights that light up upon start up or possibly take a picture and post it up? I have a 2000 GS if that helps as far as features the car may have/doesn't have. Thanks!

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I already know that I have a burnt out "low gas" bulb. Then I was reading another post today and apparently there is a "low windshield wash fluid" bulb!? My question is can someone give a list of all the lights that light up upon start up or possibly take a picture and post it up? I have a 2000 GS if that helps as far as features the car may have/doesn't have. Thanks!
Pull your gauge cluster and look on the back. There's a small bulb for each.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I go about pulling the cluster out and is there a way to tell if the LEDs are burnt out? Also would I replace with #74 amber (stock lighting)? Thanks

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Also would I replace with #74 amber (stock lighting)? Thanks
Amber bulbs are not neded. The gauge face has an amber film on the back of it. A normal/white LED will still appear amber as will every other color bulb used, unless you remove that film (scrub with acetone, I think).

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
How do I go about pulling the cluster out and is there a way to tell if the LEDs are burnt out? Also would I replace with #74 amber (stock lighting)? Thanks
The top plastic cover.. pull.. and it will pop off. Then, remove 4 screws, disconnect two sets of connection points for the wiring, and you're done. Check the garage for the How-To's and search the site a bit, it has been covered nuerous times over the past 8 years.

All the bulbs are white.. the color is change by the overlay itself with the film that was manufactured. Again, you will notice this when you take it apart. It's very elementary, you can figure it out..

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok I found the removal guide for the cluster. I just came across the bulb size chart on the site and it said that 74's are the ones to use. But on superbrightleds.com there are like 4 different 74's.
Product Listing - CAR
The ones I'm looking for, are they the 5th one down from the top? Or are they a different one? Also, I know the amber film is across the gauges but for the lights im replacing (gas and windshield washer fluid) do I need red ones since that is what they look like?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Also, I know the amber film is across the gauges but for the lights im replacing (gas and windshield washer fluid) do I need red ones since that is what they look like?
All the bulbs should just be normal, clear bulbs...all the colors you see when the gauges are lit up come from colors that are in the overlay...:ugh2:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks kidney bean. Anyone with any info about the correct bulb to buy...
Product Listing - CAR
The ones I'm looking for, are they the 5th one down from the top on the second page? Or are they a different one?

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
If you're just replacing the bulb with a standard 74 bulb, go to the damn auto parts store and get one for 50 cents. Otherwise, don't buy one of those unless you plan on replacing out all of them.

·
Never say never!
10,837 Posts
If you're just replacing the bulb with a standard 74 bulb, go to the damn auto parts store and get one for 50 cents. Otherwise, don't buy one of those unless you plan on replacing out all of them.
:agreed:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts