1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
Sylvanias are ok but Ive heard and seen from my friends cars that they arent that great in the rain. I just ordered some Kydo 5200k Xenon lights, they are a diamond white color with a tiny tint of blue. I got them for only $8 shipped on ebay and they also come with a lifetime warranty. Whats best of all is that they are the stock 55/65 watts so no burnt harnesses. To me, 5200k is perfect since its not that weird try to hard HID blue look, its a crystal like color that gives out very good output. Ill post pics when they come in, I also bought fogs from the same person.

EDIT: Here are some examples, the only 5200K I could find is ontop and on the bottom is 5000k which is almost identical.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That output looks good! Are you talking about HID though?

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
No those are xenon bulbs, search Kydo on ebay. The reason I like them so much is that they are standard voltage, japanese high quality and are warrantied for life. When you search Kydo on ebay, there are two different wattages available. The 100 watt is 6000k, I dont recommend those as they will melt a stock harness. Make sure you get the ones that are 55/65 watts and they should be 5200k.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I looked on Ebay and I found no Kydo 9003 lights, just 9004+. Which ones did u buy?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha Thanks Alot!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'll have to let us know how the kydos worked out. Also, Ive been searching and can't find the wattage used in the silverstars. I was just curious I'm sure its around the 55/65 watt range tho. For the price/compatibility I think Im gonna go with the kydos. Like I said let us know how it works out! Thanks TSI27!

·
"Suck my unit"
2,927 Posts
You'll have to let us know how the kydos worked out. Also, Ive been searching and can't find the wattage used in the silverstars. I was just curious I'm sure its around the 55/65 watt range tho. For the price/compatibility I think Im gonna go with the kydos. Like I said let us know how it works out! Thanks TSI27!
Will do, Im waiting anxiously for my motor mounts to come in. Damn Fedex guy is taking forever, there suppose to be here today :ndance:. I get the lights on Friday Ill take some pics when I do.

EDIT: From the site, the Silverstars are 4000K and 55w/60w. Honestly thats almost like buying stock lights as I think they are around 3800-4000k.

OSRAM SYLVANIA - SilverStar

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW that is nice output! I'll def be picking some of those up real soon! Thanks for pics and info!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts