Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was think of going on the bottle but i was just wanting to know how much of a difference does a small shot like a 65 shot make? and for those that have it is it really worth the time and money? and what brand (setup) is everone running? and likes and dislikes about it..thanks :twothumb:

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I have looked over N2O kits lately, and I have found I like a NX wet kit the best. From what I have read the NX kits have the biggest and strogest solenoids of any system. The solenoids have to hold back 1000 psi of nitrous pressure, open under pressure, and then close completely. Also the since the NX is a wet kit the proper amount of N20 and fuel is shot into the intake out of the same nozzle.

Some of the other systems put pressure on the factory fuel pressure regulator to increase fuel pressure in an attempt to make the stock fuel injectors spary more fuel. One of the venom kits you have to wire up the control box to the stock injector wiring. The controll box then makes the stock injectors stay open for longer to injector more fuel. I really don't care for either these methods of fuel enrichment.

With a NX kit I would recommend a MSD window switch, NX genX-2 accesories, and a dyno tune to make sure you are runnin the correct A/F ratio. You might also want to consider a EGT gauge, pocket logger, and/or a wide band o2 sensor (ZT-2).

Also, check the group buy section for some pretty good pricing.

·
New daddy
3,352 Posts
I also forgot to mention make sure that your ignition isystem s is good order: distributor cap, rotor, plug wires, and plugs. You will need either zex plugs or NGK copper plugs two heat ranges colder.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
I really liked the Zex kit I had. The best feature was the TPS switch, and solinoid box. Everything you need it in the one small box.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I personally like the venom 400, it has a built in hand-held computer, that lets you know your ratios, and adjust your spray, personnally I don't reccommend using nitrous. But every one to their own.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info guys :twothumb: i dont want to run a really big shot i know some people on here say 75 is max. could i run a 75 shot safe? as long as i had the other parts to make it work right like the rpm switch, the right plugs, gauges etc,.my also my car is in perfect running condition always changed the oil on time and everything.and it hardly ever gets driven hard, every now and then i'll open it up but not a every day at every stop light kind of thing. and more important i have never ridden in a car that has n20 so i have no idea what to expect..would a 75 shot be worth the money as far as buying all the other parts that go along with it to make it run safe? does it make that much of a kick in the pants difference? and i know its never 100% safe but you can be pretty sure. sorry for all the questions just want to get everone's opinion before i start shopping. thanks guys :twothumb:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tearstone said:
Fasteclispe00 has done his research and is dead on. Although I have known cars to take NX wet up to 100 shot on this car with no problems, but you should always spray safe as you possibly can.
is that 100 shot on stock internals? i would have never thought a stock 3g motor taking that big of a shot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
talk to natedawg (nate), he's running 100 shot wet kit (i forget the brand) on stock internals as far as I know. He'll prolly be able to give you some advice.

on second thought, when I talked to him last he didn't have it hooked up yet, just had averything mounted nice a pretty-like. Still, if he doesn't know, he prolly knows someone who does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts