Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do I need to add a certain amount of extra oil for the turbo? I have the turbo installed and I will be starting it this weekend but im not sure if I need to add extra oil for the turbo since it requires oil to circulate through it? Yes I've tried to research and I remember seeing something about it but i can't find it again

·
974 Posts
Just keep it topped off according to the factory dip stick and you're fine. It'd be more if you were adding an oil cooler, but the oiling passages of a turbo are small and the supply lines don't have that much internal volume. You can actually hurt your turbo performance by over filling because it won't drain back into the pan properly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just keep it topped off according to the factory dip stick and you're fine. It'd be more if you were adding an oil cooler, but the oiling passages of a turbo are small and the supply lines don't have that much internal volume. You can actually hurt your turbo performance by over filling because it won't drain back into the pan properly.
Thank you so much buddy. I'm super excited to finally start it up after while of not having it

·
V8 > 3G
2,703 Posts
Unplug the injectors and disconnect the oil feed line from the turbo. Crank the car over till you have oil coming out the oil feed. Good practice to ensure that all the bearings are oiled up before you start it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts