Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the RIPP fuel pump instructions, it says to drill the grommet seat out to 10mm. Why do you have to do this? And how the hell do you do it without contaminating everything with little pieces of plastic??

You'd need a rather long drill bit to do this, and once you go through the grommet seat, there is more plastic just behind it that you could hit and mess up.

I just don't see the rationale of enlarging this hole, and how you're supposed to do it.

Any input?

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tearstone said:
You do it to permit less of a bottle neck for fuel flow plus it gives you another hair of adjustment for the fuel pump to sit in further into that housing.

:lol: ... and I'm the turbo guy :lmfao:
How do you do it without contaminating everything with little plastic pieces though?

The turbo guy, :lol:

For real, where are all the SDS guys?

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I called up Angelo and he told me just to drill real slow and blow the shit out of there. Good thing he warned me to hold my head at an angle or I would have gotten an eye full of some drops of gas! :eek2:

Also, I didn't realize that the stem on the new fuel pump was actually supposed to go all the way through the grommet, once he told me that, it all went back together perfectly. It fired right up and held pressure after turning the car back off just like its supposed to :twothumb:

I ran into a new problem though with my belt tensioner, see my new thread for the new drama. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts