Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so in the process of wiring my system in, my shit-for-brains friend unscrewed a bolt cover. (if you're looking into your trunk from the back, its on the right hand side, down by hte trunk floor.) it's just a plastic wing-nut cap, with a bolt on the inside. well he unscrewed it, and hten accidentally bumped the screw down into my body. so every time my bass hits, i can hear that screw bouncin around. not to mention any time i go over a bump. any ideas of how to get down into that part of the body?? it doesnt sound all that far down there. but i was just wondering if anyone knew how to get down into there.....and now as i'm sittin here typing i'm thinking i might be able to get to it from the Tail light access panel. so i'll try that in the morning. any suggestions if that doesnt work?? (and yes i searched on here...so i dont need that whole spiel (Hijacker) )

Thanks in advance

·
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i have one of those, but the screw hole is too small to maneuver it...... but like i said, i'm gonna try in the morning from the tail light access panel, see if i can magnet it out from there. should work. but thanks for hte replies

·
342 Posts
If you can't get it from there then unfortunatly you will have to take out the plastic pieces in your trunk and reach down to grab the screw. When I had my trunk apart I put tape on the back of the screw so that would not happen again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well there is a rubber plug underneth the car near the trunk that you can pull out and it should fall out well i dont know if my gt has one but my old rs did

1 - 6 of 6 Posts