Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicklifts for Carbon Fiber Hoods!!

4K views 116 replies 19 participants last post by  HIJACKER 
#1 · (Edited)
Redline Tuning is famous for offering Quicklifts for OEM hoods. By popular demand, they're now offering Quicklifts designed for Carbon Fiber hoods!! This product has not been released for individual sale yet which makes Sport Compact Customs the sole distributor currently!

To offer this product and pricing, we need to do this as a group buy. I have a target to reach 20 buyers! With the holidays just passed us, use some of that money to treat yourself!

Say no more to hood props, wood boards, and bumping your head on a falling hood!

Quicklift

$84.95/shipped

Quicklift Elites
$134.95/shipped

Specifications -

2 Year Warranty with QuickLIFT and 4 Year Warranty with QuickLIFT Elite!

• QuickLIFT Kit Includes the following:
  • (2) High pressure gas-springs (Black e-coated on QuickLIFT, QuickLIFT Elite includes ultimate 316L Stainless Steel gas springs)
  • (2) Hood brackets (zinc coated)
  • (2) Fender brackets (zinc coated)
  • (4) High-strength rivets
  • (4) Sheet metal screws
  • (4) Locking clips
  • Full Color Printed Manual

Manufacturer - Redline Tuning
Distributor - Sport Compact Customs

If you're interested, post up and I will add you to the list. Once I reach the target of 20 in names, I will start collecting payments.

Please visit our website at www.sc-customs.com!

Interested buyers:

1. NC[Spyder]GT - Elites - PAID - SHIPPED!
2. Jasons GT - Standard - CANCELLED
3. Clipse3GT - Elites - PAID - SHIPPED!
5. mstabil - Standard - PAID - SHIPPED!
6. burn504 - Standard - PAID - SHIPPED!
7. kidney_bean - Standard - PAID - SHIPPED!
8. fade2blk - Standard - PAID - SHIPPED!
9. Bacontk - Standard - PAID - SHIPPED!
10. spyder0327 - Standard - PAID - SHIPPED!
11. smashedeclips - Elites - PAID - SHIPPED!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm down for a set of Elites. If they offer just the strut then great, I've already got 2 sets of mounting brackets and one is already installed :(

#3 ·
The hardware is the cheap part, its the struts that cost the most. Once we get all the names put together, I'll see what I can do and see if I can make an exception and only send you struts and knock some $ off the price.

We'll approach that bridge if the outcome of this "interest" thread turns out successful. :)

#17 ·
I've read the discription; but is there any other real difference between the standard kit and the Elite kit aside from the extra two year warranty and Black e-coated on QuickLIFT, QuickLIFT Elite includes ultimate 316L Stainless Steel gas springs?

I'm interested; but I'm trying to figure out what would warrant the $50 difference between the two to make my decision. Thanks!

#20 ·
Well, I'm probably going to collect names for another week or so and see where we are. I can make this happen with less than 20, I just prefer to get as many as possible together on the first go with these.

On a side note, there are a LOT of CF hood owners out there so I know the demand is there - so if you have a CF hood and wanted these lifts, you need to signup NOW. :)

#23 ·
If you have a hood made from fiberglass or CF then yes, using the normal hood struts (regular or elite) will cause your hood to crack as soon as you try to close it. TRUST ME, don't try to use them. Let my experience work for you!

#28 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure they all come black. If not, its not hard to pick up a spare set of black brackets. :)

When do you need the money by? If I can sell those lambo hinges I'll probably pick up a set...if not, it'll have to wait a little bit. I have the full-strength Elites now, but no mounting brackets so it woudn't hurt to just buy a whole set and then reuse the brackets when I switch to an aftermarket hood down the road...

I'm not collecting money yet, just names. Most likely - I will start collecting money towards the end of next week or so. I'll go ahead and list you down for a set. Just let me know if you prefer standard or elite.

#27 ·
When do you need the money by? If I can sell those lambo hinges I'll probably pick up a set...if not, it'll have to wait a little bit. I have the full-strength Elites now, but no mounting brackets so it woudn't hurt to just buy a whole set and then reuse the brackets when I switch to an aftermarket hood down the road...

#31 ·
Eh...that's alright...I figured I'd ask...just keep me listed for the standards then...:bigthumb:

#33 ·
8 orders won't cut it to make production happen on these shocks. e're talking about a 1 time shot at mass producing a fair number of sets to be charged correctly for the reduction in weight from CF.

If this is going to happen, we need some more buyers. If you know anyone who may be interested in these or is overlooking this thread, let them know.

I'm going to give this one more week for name collection. After that, if the numbers are enough, I'll collect payments and have production begin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.