Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I bought a 3G Eclipse in Feb 2012, and have been making minor additions to it since then. I am really glad I found this forum, it is great for a 3G owner, everything is here!

I have been reading many many many threads on this forum and I know that the general consensus for racing stripes on Eclipses is negative. BUT take a look at my car below and let me know what you think! I have been thinking about putting racing stripes on it for a long long time, and I think it will look pretty cool.

Here is my idea: Having two stripes on either side of the Mitsubishi badge, about 2 inches between the edge of the stripe and the tip of the badge. I am thinking about having it start from the front bumper lip and have it go back all the way to the rear bumper.

The material I have purchased to use as stripes is vinyl BLACK carbon fiber. Here are the pics of my car. I would really like for someone to PS these pics so we can all visualize how racing stripes would look on my ride! You can choose to PS whichever one you think will be easier. You could also drop the car in the first pic, if possible. I just want to see some ideas.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance guys!

I would really prefer to have this first pic PSed. But it is up to you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A racing stripe would looks plainly ricey and absolutely ridiculous. You don't own a mustang or camaro. Hell the car isn't even lowered. Stickers would make it look bad. Invest money into your suspension.
Firstly, thanks for your comments. The reason I am asking for a PS is so I can VISUALIZE what it would look like on the car. Then I will be able to pass judgement and decide whether I should go with it or not.

Thank you

·
Silver 03 GS
425 Posts
I don't really understand why we have this forum, everyone bitches at every single idea. If it's rice but he likes it then who gives? Then it will be out there for every other racing stripe seeker to see.
:yesway:

Reactions: tomsoutdoor

·
Shit happens...
1,514 Posts
I've considered stripes on mine at one point in time but came to dislike the look after seeing it on a 3g. In the end it's your car so go for it as jaloosk said earlier, it's vinyl, you can remove if you don't like it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Honestly, if you swear it will look good, then do it. As others have said, you can always remove them.

My opinion is, it would look awful. I have seen only a handful of vinyl stripes on the 3G that looked good, IMO of course. However, these were not the typical racing stripes, ala Mustang. I can't remember specific examples at this time, unfortunately.

I would have to second Chad's first reply, I really like your wheels and most everything else, minus tails. Drop the Bish!

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
Lol, No one even mentioned the bag on your head!! As mentioned i like your car and do not think stripes will look good but if i has ps i would do it for you. Welcome to C3g too:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol, No one even mentioned the bag on your head!! As mentioned i like your car and do not think stripes will look good but if i has ps i would do it for you. Welcome to C3g too:)
Thanks for the comments. The "bag" on my head is actually me crossing out my face with paint lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Told you it'll look like shit. Plus, I undid your MSPaint "edit" to see what you look like. I'm glad you fixed that shit before posting it.

Haha! I knew I should have used a thicker brush to cover my face. You revealed me lol:dunno:

Thanks for the ps btw!

·
Corey Jenson
30 Posts
Looks great to me! I even lowered it a few inches for ya... :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my god, WOW! That is such a great photoshop man, I dont know what to say. That car looks sexy lowered, and I really like the stripes. I am gonna go with the stripes. Would you be able to send me a higher res version of that pic if you have?

Thanks you again!

+REP

1 - 16 of 16 Posts