Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm having an issue with my radiator fans. I have a 2003 Eclipse GT V6, the radiator fans DO NOT WORK unless the A/C is on. I have been trying to find the solution to this issue for months but I have not been able to find a single thread where someone gives a definite answer/solution.

Please help me out on this, I'm tired of having this issue and I really need a new way to have the fans on without the A/C.

·
1,014 Posts
Check out the circuit diagram and system explanation in the factory service manual in the "3g general discussion" forum. The manuals are stickied at the top of the forum. Should explain everything you need to know to fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the circuit diagram and system explanation in the factory service manual in the "3g general discussion" forum. The manuals are stickied at the top of the forum. Should explain everything you need to know to fix it.
Hey man, I could not find what you were talking about. Also, I'm trying to find someone that has this issue and has been able to fix it, I don't have time to sit for hours trying to diagnose the problem with a service manual lol.

·
1,014 Posts
Hey man, I could not find what you were talking about. Also, I'm trying to find someone that has this issue and has been able to fix it, I don't have time to sit for hours trying to diagnose the problem with a service manual lol.
We're not here to fix your car for you. I pointed you to the information you need. If you can't take the time to read it, go pay someone to fix your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to an electrical diagram for a jdm galant cooling system from about the same era. The ECU engages the fans using data from 5 different input. Your A/C is working, so we can eliminate 3 of those inputs and focus on only 2. Those 2 are vehicle speed sensor(located in transmission) and temperature sensor usually where the top radiator hose is connected to the engine(goose neck). In conclusion if your Speed Gauge and Temperature gauge is working then you may have a faulty ecu but if any of those gauge is not working then get the corresponding replacement sensor. Also ensure the coolant is topped up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts