Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hoke812
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used set of dual radiator fans for my car, it did only have the one, but was told the two will work. I checked the motor first both fans work fine. when I plug it in and start the car, neither fan turns on. even with the a/c on. the car isn't over heating, its right in the middle. I let it idle in the driveway for about 10-15 minutes, and it didn't over heat. but I don't understand why there not turning on, at least the a/c fan. help please.

·
Sword at the Ready!
390 Posts
Why did u replace the origin fans in the first place, were they not working either? I would check the fuses, then relays, then move to the fan pin connector make sure there's no corrosion, fraying along the wire and etc.

·
hoke812
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the original fan quit working so I just replaced it. the car isn't over heating, its just staying in the middle on the temp guage, but I will check those out. thank you.

·
Sword at the Ready!
390 Posts
Since both the old and new fans have the same problem, im fairly certain there's an electrical problem. Even tho your fans dont turn on but the coolant temp reads normal u may have a thermostat prob also but I would say using a power supply give power to your fans to check that they're working or pull the relay and if the fans come on its the relay but thats on top of what i previously said. Most of the time its simply a blown fuse, bad relay, loose connector and etc so start there.

·
hoke812
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had just replaced the thermostat, radiator, and fans now. I did test the old ones and they didn't work I tested these ones and they do. So just pull the relay out and if they come on, the relay is bad?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
the car wont usually overheat in the driveway until you drive it for about
10 minutes then the needle will go to hot if the fans don't work....
if its too much of a hassle just bypass it and connect it to a manual switch directly to the battery... or try getting power from the old fan plug use a test light... good luck

·
Sword at the Ready!
390 Posts
The thing is, if the previous fans had the same problem you may have bought new fans for no reason if u didnt diagnosis it right. Its seeming like an electrical problem more than a faulty fan problem. Have you actually gotten under the hood to check the fuses, relays and etc since we told u yesterday? You dont need to be good at wiring, just need to have good eyes to do what you need to fix it.
Heres a quick general step by step diagnosis (i cant embedded using my phone): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuK5t-9fiQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since both the old and new fans have the same problem, im fairly certain there's an electrical problem. Even tho your fans dont turn on but the coolant temp reads normal u may have a thermostat prob also but I would say using a power supply give power to your fans to check that they're working or pull the relay and if the fans come on its the relay but thats on top of what i previously said. Most of the time its simply a blown fuse, bad relay, loose connector and etc so start there.
Is there only one really fir fans under hood A/C fan works when A/C is on other fan not working new thermostat new sensor and switch small switch has no power and small coolant switch has low voltage the two wires have small nicks on them what could be the issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts