Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey so I just bought a new shifter knob for my eclipse gs that I just bought recently. However after installing the knob the boot now sits stupidly low like in the first picture and ideally i want to make it look like how it does when I force it up like in picture 2. Just hoping that someone with experience with this could offer me a solution or tell me what I can do.
Thanks

·
Low and Slow.
1,734 Posts
There is a shoulder for shift boot to rest on so it doesnt go down too far. You need to raise the shoulder basically.Pull the shift knob off, pull the bezel holding the boot off, and experiment with washers or zipties to get the desired result. You shouldnt see whatever you use to raise it if done right.

edit - Looking again, did you get the correct thread pitch? I believe its supposed to be m10x1.5. It doesnt look like much of the shift knob has been tightened down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 43399 View attachment 43400
Hey so I just bought a new shifter knob for my eclipse gs that I just bought recently. However after installing the knob the boot now sits stupidly low like in the first picture and ideally i want to make it look like how it does when I force it up like in picture 2. Just hoping that someone with experience with this could offer me a solution or tell me what I can do.
Thanks
1. Buy a nut and washer that will fit the shaft...washer diameter needs to be bigger than the hole in the boot, and the nut "height" or thickness should be shallow enough to not take up too much thread space on the shaft. Bring the knob and boot to the hardware store so you can determine the correct size nut and washer to buy.
2. Remove knob and boot completely
3. screw nut down the shaft till its at the desired height
4. slide washer down the shaft so it sits on top of the nut
5. install boot, then knob...hopefully there will be enough thread on shaft to properly tighten the knob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts