Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am Gumby damnit!
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I tried posting this in the newbie forum first, but got no replies, so I thought I would post it in here. I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask in.

Anyway, I've had the Strat about a year now and am planning on going FI in about a year/18 months. Now I'm no gearhead or even close to being one, so my main this is that I'm planning on taking this time to try to lean as much as I can about how FI systems work ( know the whole short answers on superchargers vs. turbos) and how things affect other things. Anyway, long story short, I wanted to try to get some bathroom reading on the subject and try to educate myself before I choose which path I'm going to head down, and what I'm going to have to do. Long story short, I was planning on buying these books here to try to educate myself:

Supercharged! Design, Testing and Installation of Supercharger Systems by Corky Bell

Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems (Engineering and Performance) by Corky Bell

Forced Induction Performance Tuning A Practical Guide to Supercharging and Turbocharging by A. Graham Bell

How to Tune and Modify Engine Management Systems (Motorbooks Workshop) (Paperback) by Jeff Hartman

Does anyone have any other reccomendations? I know that reading books isn't going to teach me everything that I need to know, but I'm hoping that I will at least be able to know what questions I should be asking, and what I should be looking for as well as expecting reasonably.

Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Lance Corporal
3,953 Posts
Tearstone said:
Corky Bell > *
:agreed: I couldnt put Maximum Boost down. Read it in one sitting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts