Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(wasnt sure whether to put this in problem reports or here...if its in the wrong section mods please move)

Ok, so I bought my Eclipse barely 3 months ago, and when I got it, it had a few rattles on the inside, but nothing too big. However, I live on a dirt road, and the car gets knocked around alot driving on it. Anyway, over time, the interior rattles have gotten worse, and now I can barely stand it. There is a rattle coming from the top center of the dash that sounds like something scraping when I go over even tiny bumps or rough patches in the road, and as of last night, it sounds like there are a handful of skittles bouncing around in the drivers front side of the dash, mostly when I accelerate, but sometimes even when I cruise, or just rev the engine in neutral...

I know rattles in an Eclipse are nothing new, but it wasnt doing this before, and it is getting rediculously loud. Any advice on fixing them?

·
TxTuning.com
6,814 Posts
for the center dash piece.. just open it up and take a look. Maybe IF you have the center speaker, its loose. It's not very hard to get to.

The speedometer is even easier to pull out. Just drop the steering wheel and pull it. pretty sure there are no screws.
Once it pops out, pull the plug to the dim switch out.

·
Hello :)
4,866 Posts
Welcome to 3G rattles on the inside, just have to get used to it

·
Registered
264 Posts
i really dont get that bad of rattles in my car.. but the road noise from the hatch is horrible! sometimes i wonder if the hatch is open at times. oh well.. i guess some edead will fix that :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I get the same thing with my hatch, and all the normal rattles that everyone else talks about, which is why I am pretty worked up about these rattles, they are so loud that I have to drown them out with music. Plus, I bought it used, and it wasnt doing these rattles at all when I first bought it, but now it is. Im hoping that I can return it to how it was before, I just cant figure out how.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I know the rattle you're talking about. When I went to get an oil change at Midas I asked them about it and they checked it out. He said the front struts needed to be re-torqued. He said it was about an 80 dollar job, but that was along with my brake rotors needing to be resurfaced. So it would be a lot less than that.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The hatch rattle may be a pretty easy fix...if you haven't done so yet, get the upgraded spring that ShineStreet sells in the group buy section (there's a sticky for it)...not only did it get rid of my only rattle, but the hatch actually pops up when I pull the release lever...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the tips, you guys are awesome. I'll go and have that stuff done here pretty soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts