Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 684 Posts

·
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obama: Congress shouldn't toy with debt limit - politics - White House - msnbc.com
"The debt ceiling should not be something used as a gun against the head of the American people," said the president, who contended his opponents were using it as a bargaining chip to extend tax cuts for the wealthy.
Not too long ago he compared the work congress is doing with his daughters getting their home work done.

Not to mention, while talking about congress he brings up the fact that hes busy with other stuff.
"They're in one week, they're out one week. And then they're saying, 'Obama has got to step in. You need to be here.' I've been here. I've been doing Afghanistan and bin Laden and the Greek crisis. You stay here. Let's get it done."
Should we continue on the fact that he keeps blaming bush for the job losses? When is this man going to step up and take responsibility? Hes already admitted his "shovel ready" jobs weren't as ready as he thought they where... hes all talk and no action.

·
:horseride:
17,183 Posts
Then he has the audacity (of hope) to hold all these secret ballroom meetings to discuss the raising of the debt ceiling. This is the taxpayers money, we should know everything about this.

edit:

Just saw this needed to be edited. Damn autocorrect. ballroom = back room.

·
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How are you just realizing this?
I cant believe how people are still holding on to "hope" and "change"...this is getting to the point where i cant believe he has the audacity to be running for re-election when he hasnt done shit to help us or our future. the blame game is going to have to end and if he wants to change the way business is done in Washington he needs to step up to the plate and do something.

Id kill for him to step up to the mic one day and say... "the buck stops here!, ive listened to both sides, we have come to a compromise...and THIS is what we are going to done. Enough is enough!"

i dont want my boss making up excuses and blaming the previous CEO for how shitty the company is right now. I want him to figure out the problem and fix it... the last 2.5 years havent worked, time to hear other options.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Politicians are too busy trying to get reelected, and not doing what's right. It's going on on both sides. They need to limit every public office at the federal level to one term.

·
Moved On
1,861 Posts
I can't believe people are still debating about our flawed political system assuming there is still hope left for it

·
Registered
868 Posts
I cant believe how people are still holding on to "hope" and "change"...this is getting to the point where i cant believe he has the audacity to be running for re-election when he hasnt done shit to help us or our future. the blame game is going to have to end and if he wants to change the way business is done in Washington he needs to step up to the plate and do something.

Id kill for him to step up to the mic one day and say... "the buck stops here!, ive listened to both sides, we have come to a compromise...and THIS is what we are going to done. Enough is enough!"

i dont want my boss making up excuses and blaming the previous CEO for how shitty the company is right now. I want him to figure out the problem and fix it... the last 2.5 years havent worked, time to hear other options.
I'm surprised how people believed all his crap during the campaign to begin with. He's a typical Liberal. Probably can't get more left than him. I knew exactly what we were getting when he was elected.

·
Take Dat Wit CHU!!!!
12,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phin even you can agree that we can raise the debt limit, but we MUST lower our spending. Obama has to bite the bullet on this one, he must concede some realistic LONG TERM spending cuts. He needs to quit being a parrot by squawking out the words "corporate jet owners...bawwwk" All this talk, i truly believe is hurting him...OK, we get it..rich people need to pay more. He needs to quit jabbing at the right and get to work.

it would actually work in his interest to come back a year from now and say... "hey we tried it your way and it failed, lets do it my way"

·
I am who I hate
472 Posts
He will never do it. Hes way too concieted. And he will be re-elected for the same reason he was elected the first time.

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
I didn't like the last guy. I really do not like this guy. I haven't a lot of hope for the next guy.

No pun intended.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
If we put all the politicians on a cruise ship, take it out to the middle of the atlantic and sink it we'd be much better off.

Then run the country like a business with people in charge who have proven themselves in the business world.

·
passport applied for
2,437 Posts
If we put all the politicians on a cruise ship, take it out to the middle of the atlantic and sink it we'd be much better off.

Then run the country like a business with people in charge who have proven themselves in the business world.
:agreed: Agree with all comments so far, our just waiting to vote someone else in is not enough i mean who else is there??

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
We don't vote anyone anything. It's all a giant scam. And even if it weren't, what's the great benefit of voting for the lesser of two evils every 4 years?

Between all the BS checks and balances, the branches not working together and everyone having their own agenda it's pretty much useless. Eventually the entire thing will fall apart and we can start over. Or at least someone will start over.

·
Premium Member
24,873 Posts
I do not for one second think that my vote matters, but I'll be there doing it anyhow.

If nothing else, the greatest thing about the Obama administration (and the Bush administration before it) is that people who would normally not care about politics are so angry, so disgusted, that they're finally paying attention.

·
More guns than sense
38,301 Posts
Phin even you can agree that we can raise the debt limit, but we MUST lower our spending. Obama has to bite the bullet on this one, he must concede some realistic LONG TERM spending cuts. He needs to quit being a parrot by squawking out the words "corporate jet owners...bawwwk" All this talk, i truly believe is hurting him...OK, we get it..rich people need to pay more. He needs to quit jabbing at the right and get to work.

it would actually work in his interest to come back a year from now and say... "hey we tried it your way and it failed, lets do it my way"
Obama may be the great compromiser but on this he's not exactly sitting on his thumbs even if this is ultimately supposed to be Congress' job, not his.

In budget plan, Obama seeks cuts and higher taxes

And he may actually pull off something: GOP signals flexibility on Obama deficit plan | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
O, and be aware, the "INTERNETS" will get you!!! LOL

i know yall saw this!

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
I would seriously love to see a well put together poll or just interviews with the "blacks" that voted for him actually believing he was going to magically make them all rich.

·
Engineer/Realist
4,999 Posts
I would seriously love to see a well put together poll or just interviews with the "blacks" that voted for him actually believing he was going to magically make them all rich.
:agreed:

you did see all the video's, before the elections, of the ones that thought he would pay their bills?

1 - 20 of 684 Posts