Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: I got t-boned at high-speed. The T-boner slammed me into a high-rise curb tearing up EVERYTHING below my upper control arm (I.E.: lower arm connection, knuckle, trailing arm connection, everything to do with my drum brake (even the backing plate), etc)

I have searched a few local junk yards and also OEM parts. My question is... does anyone know where to get these parts, per say, in a package pre-assembled? Or perhaps cheap?

I have a friend who is going to do the body work for me. I should just let the shop take care of the assembly part as well, but I've been on the learning path for quite a while. Any insight on this job/parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Does your friend work in a professional body shop that has all the right equipment to ensure the structure of the vehicle is straight, or is he just planning on fixing the body itself? If your suspension was damaged, you really need to ensure that the structure of the vehicle is intact and properly aligned...merely bolting on new parts to a damaged structure is just asking for trouble, both for you and for others who are on the road with you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts