Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got new rear speakers for my 04 gs. So I replaced the passenger side speaker and test it to see if it works. Goes well, audio quality is better than the old one but i noticed when i was messing with the faders that the new speaker, while it sounded great, was at about at 75% volume compared to the old one. So i check the wires and everything then finally come to the conclusion that i bought crappy aftermarket speakers. So i put the original speaker back and test it but its still at lower volume than the driver side. Anyone one know why this might be and what i can do to fix it? (all the other speakers sound the same as they did before i fucked everything up)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I check to see if anything was backwards and its not. Prior to changing the speaker everything sounded really good the only problem was the bass was beginning to distort slightly because the speakers were just getting old and I've been messing with all the faders to check the speaker so thats not the problem.

I've come to the conclusion that it sounds like that one speaker doesn't have an amplifier so I'm wondering if the problem might be with my amp.

·
Smart Ass
2,526 Posts
I check to see if anything was backwards and its not. Prior to changing the speaker everything sounded really good the only problem was the bass was beginning to distort slightly because the speakers were just getting old and I've been messing with all the faders to check the speaker so thats not the problem.

I've come to the conclusion that it sounds like that one speaker doesn't have an amplifier so I'm wondering if the problem might be with my amp.
if that speaker didn't have an amplifier you wouldn't have any sound. But, that channel of the amp could be going out although

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dunno how many ohms the new speakers are. They're Pyramid 6906gx. (I know not exactly the best but they seemed solid for the price.) I'm almost positive its a problem with the amp, if that channel of the amp is beginning to fail is there anything that i can do about that?

edit: looked it up turns out they are 4 ohms

·
Smart Ass
2,526 Posts
the only thing you could do is replace the amp or bypass the amp if you have an aftermarket HU.

Putting a 4 ohm speaker on the amp instead of a 2 ohm wouldn't have hurt the amp.

·
Registered
324 Posts
if it those dont work out, i got some rockford fosgates (extra set) and sony xplodes (replaced these) for sale cheap. just plugged them into my rear set up, and they work pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts