Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GO SOX
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently ordered a rear strut tower bar from wesellcarparts, and I went to install it yesterday only to find that it doesn't quite fit in the area provided by taking off the tower caps. One thing I noticed is that the instructions in the package were for a 95-99 Eclipse, while my account on WSCP verifies that I ordered for a 3G. Was there a whole packing mistake (I just need another inch of hole it seems, but I don't want to cut it only to find that the bar doesn't fit over the bolts) or just the instructions? IE how did you guys get your rear strut braces on?

EDIT: I have an RS and DC Sports rear strut bar
EDIT x2: I found that the 2g and 3g use the same strut bar (ie dimensions and stuff) but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to get it on without resorting to Mr. Dremel

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Can you post a pic of what's up?

Sometimes you can lift one of the rear corners of the car with a jack - it'll bend the car itself just enough that it may help slide something over a bolt. You'd be surprised how much the car may flex...

·
342 Posts
You should not have to modify the new part for it to fit. Call the people you bought it from and make sure you have the right part. I purchase my rear strut tower bar from RRE. It's not as pretty but it works well and it fit right in place as advertised. If you modify it on one end to fit, it may not work as advertisted. If you jack the car up to flex it then you may be keeping it it the same flexed position when you lower the car which may throw your suspension geometry off. One inch is an awful lot to not fit. Contact the seller first.

The other thing you can try is to place the bar over the studs at the same time. In other words don't seat one end then try and seat the end. See if you can slide both sides over the bolts at the same time.

·
GO SOX
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that...what I ended up doing is cutting the trunk panels to allow for better fitment, now it fits and looks great (I could've done better if I had appropriate dremel heads). Looking on google it seemed like a common thing, most people went the same route I did. Thanks for the help, I'll have pictures up a little bit later.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yeah i had to do the same thing but im not really worried about trimming those peices because the covers that go on when the strut bar isn't there will probably cover what i trimmed away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts