Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a round to installing a subwoofer into my back seat just like the 4G Spyder has. The installation was very simple. If anyone decides to do this just remember to buy a free air sub. I plan on painting the speaker grill the same color as the door panels.
Brown Rectangle Wood Audio equipment Material property

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sub in the trunk took up to much room.
The new sub is installed in a shallow box...I cut the foam from the center of the seat...There is a half-inch of foam over the box that makes the speaker look like it is countersunk. On the back side of the box, there are quarter-inch holes and I used plastic wire ties to attach the sub box to the seat frame. I will get a couple of pictures to show what I mean. I am working on a 1951 Ford Merc interior at the moment so it may take a day or two to upload the pics.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering wheel

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the pictures I said I would post... I plan on redoing this install so at that time I will take better pictures and measurements of the box you would need to add the sub. The sun is shining very bright so it looks like there are marks on the speaker back...
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Yellow Rectangle Material property Gas Wood

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It boils down to the different tastes of different people. I do have a switch at the dash that I can turn off the bass if my passenger does not like it. I know what you mean by the fart can..All that noise and they have their music so loud everyone can hear it. I am not that person...

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess we are polar opposites J.D...I grew up with music in my blood. As a kid, I wanted to be a rock star...A few of the guys I hung with made it to the big time. Have you ever heard of Kim Mitchell..
He was in a band called Max Webster before he became famous...Also a fellow member of that band...Jim Chevalier still plays localy. I play guitar and write some of my own songs but I doubt if my childhood dream will ever come true. Here is Kim singing he most popular song and a pic of my guitar.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I was a child I always excelled in music. I always got an A+ in school. The music teacher would take me to the local Churches and I would sing the song she taught me. I learned to play the guitar very early by watching my father play. There was no such thing as the internet growing up like there is today. I believe if there was I may have been discovered and had a better chance in the music industry. I have my own Karaoke machine and enjoy singing to entertain friends and family. While I do not have a mechanics license I am very mechanically inclined. I can also do carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and whatever else is going on I'm not afraid to lend a hand. There is a saying...Jack of all trades ...master of none but I changed it to ...Jack of all trades...Master of one. Upholstery...My work speaks for itself...While I do love music and like to listen to that deep bass...I will say it one more time. I DO NOT LISTEN TO MY MUSIC SO LOUD THAT EVERYONE CAN HEAR IT. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts