Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i need some advice. i have an engine that i bent the valves on... i am planning on rebuilding it and supercharging it later. what should i change since i have the engine taken apart??

·
I hate stance
10,295 Posts
V6Eclipse said:
Hey guys i need some advice. i have an engine that i bent the valves on... i am planning on rebuilding it and supercharging it later. what should i change since i have the engine taken apart??
Lol, everything. Do the entire head up with new springs, valves, cams, etc... Take the block .020 over with new forged pistons, rods, etc etc... Might as well do the clutch while you're in there and since you are doing a SC then do the flywheel too.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
V6Eclipse said:
Upgrade to forged pistons at the very least and bore the block out .040, stock rods will be fine unless you plan on pushing over 500whp in which case you will need to spend close to 3k on the heads alone.

·
stupid booster
7,219 Posts
depends on the milage to.

Oil pump, timing belt, new bearings, pistons .040 overbore, depending on ur power needs rods, clutch, flywheel, motor mounts, balance and rotate the entire assembly, Get your heads fixed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XwP1ayawX said:
Lol, everything. Do the entire head up with new springs, valves, cams, etc... Take the block .020 over with new forged pistons, rods, etc etc... Might as well do the clutch while you're in there and since you are doing a SC then do the flywheel too.

yea i got the clutch out of the way (stage 2)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts