Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are plenty of threads about these Redline Hood Struts but none in Parts Reviews... Since I have used a set of the Elite versio on my OEM hood and just installed a CF version set for my new CF hood I figured I may as well say how much I recommend them :yesway: *NOTE* It is VERY important to compress these struts several times before mounting them. Dont forget to do that :)

I purchased my OEM set directly from Redline and they included silver hardware (bare steel). They were installed for about a year or so before I switched to a CF hood and had to swap the struts out (due to weight/pressure differences). The OEM set never rusted or anything and held up great.

I purchased my CF set from SCC-Customs (Hijacker) and just installed them. They work great and even included black hardware :yesway: :cool: I had purchased black mounting hardware from Redline awhile back (cleaner look) and I'm pretty sure they had sent black brackets with silver rivets. This set from SCC Customs really stood out to me because both the rivets and tapping screws were black, allowing for a MUCH cleaner look :sam: I am VERY impressed. :twothumb:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks great, question though. How high do you have to lift the hood before the shocks take over?
maybe 8-12"?? I'll check later.

I forgot to mention.... juest as an FYI, I am using old brackets that I got from Redline as they were already installed before the new strut kit arrived.

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Looks good hopefully I'll get mine in the car before the summer. I am starting to have parts stock pile on me. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,831 Posts
is it just me or is your hood slightly raised up in the pass. side in the first pic with the hood closed?? is it the struts? or accident that was fixed?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
is it just me or is your hood slightly raised up in the pass. side in the first pic with the hood closed?? is it the struts? or accident that was fixed?
I should have mentioned that... I hit a deer a couple months back. I clipped it on my passenger side. The bumper was pushed down and the OEM hood was pushed up (hence the new CF hood and the lak of funding to repair the bumper :lol:). The reason for the gap is that I have not had the bumper and/or fender repaired yet. Before the deer accident there were no gaps so that is in no way related to the struts themselves :yesway:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been meaning to get a pair of these!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts