Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search this and didnt really find the answers to my questions..

I was wondering because its getting cold and i dont want to have a cold car after school is it 1. possible to install a remote starter on a 2000 automatic? 2. if i got it at bestbuy would they be able to install it and make it work 3. what else do i need to know about the remote starter?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
If you're planing on having Best Buy do the install, why not give them a call and see if they can do it?

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
Yes it is possible, but there will be extra parts/labor involved because the eclipse has an engine immobilizer from the factory. Expect $100 - $150 extra on top of the cost of the alarm/install.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
circuit you were right its 150$ extra... is it hard to do it by myself? how long would it take etc...? any extra parts

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
I would definitely recommend getting it professionally installed, that way you have someone to blame if anything goes wrong, and you retain the manufacturer's warranty (sometimes lifetime).

I installed the alarm on my Protege5, and it took 10 hours with the help of the installers at my work. This included remote start and window roll up. This was my first alarm install and my P5 did not require an immobilizer bypass, which is usually the hardest part of a remote start install.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats rough.. so what are some other stores that might sell them with an install besides best buy and circuit city?

·
Registered
319 Posts
i installed my own alarm took me 3-4 hours

get the wire guide from 12volt.com and thats all u really need

as far as the immobolizer, the bypass is 30 dollars at cartoys, u put a spare key in the box and ur set man.

as long as u take ur time and have patience u can do it urself

·
Car Audio Mod #3
2,617 Posts
60523 Oak Brook IL
Well it looks like there is a Tweeter close to you. Check them out. I know they should do good work.

i installed my own alarm took me 3-4 hours

get the wire guide from 12volt.com and thats all u really need

as far as the immobolizer, the bypass is 30 dollars at cartoys, u put a spare key in the box and ur set man.

as long as u take ur time and have patience u can do it urself
But do you have a spare key? If not, you will need to get one coded from the dealership and will end up costing more than a regular bypass.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I would definitely recommend getting it professionally installed, that way you have someone to blame if anything goes wrong, and you retain the manufacturer's warranty (sometimes lifetime).

I installed the alarm on my Protege5, and it took 10 hours with the help of the installers at my work. This included remote start and window roll up. This was my first alarm install and my P5 did not require an immobilizer bypass, which is usually the hardest part of a remote start install.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
im going to try it myself tonight! i think... if i need help will any of you guys be on???

circuit you are a lifesaver!! you saved me like 100$ by switching to tweeter!! im going to try it myself..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can anyone help me find the INSTALL guide from DIRECTECHS or does anyone have an account there that could help me out?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Can anyone help me find the INSTALL guide from DIRECTECHS or does anyone have an account there that could help me out?
What exactly are you looking for? :scratch: The installation instructions for your particular remote start system, or a wiring diagram for the vehicle, or ???

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well its on direct techs under installer instructions im looking for a wiring diagram on how to install it on my particular car

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i cant figure this step out
H1/7 BLUE Second Unlock <----- whats this second unlock?!?!?!

This output is used for progressive door unlock. A progressive unlock system unlocks the drivers door when the unlock button is pressed and unlocks the passenger door if the unlock is pressed again. The BLUE wire outputs a low current (-) pulse on the second press of the unlcok transmitter...
those are the directs its and 160XVL cobra model... help me?!?! im so fed up with this already ..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts