Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My apologies if this is posted in the wrong section but it has to do with electronics.

I've search for a few terms

"Trunk Pop Solenoid"
"Remote Trunk Release"

Nothing came up with what I'm looking for. I have a 2004 which doesn't come with a remote trunk release and I was looking where to purchase one. I'm sure a generic one will work but I would rather take the advice from someone here that has purchased and installed theirs. Does anyone have any idea where to buy one from?

Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
I have never even heard of this being an option for the eclipse.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I have never even heard of this being an option for the eclipse.
It isn't. If you really wanted to set up that option, you could with an actuator. I doubt the costs to install something custom like that and configure it is really going to outweigh your needs. You can just pop the lever next to the drive seat or use the key in the keyhole on the back.

Unfortunately, its not as simple as buying a new key fob and programming it.

But - if you want to pursue alternate options, so be it. I can definitely price out the correct system for you and you would have to get a local professional/fab shop to do the install unless you're local to VA.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you already have an alarm with some sort of auxiliary button, adding a trunk release is very easy. My dad and I were able to install one on my old RS and we spent a total of $50 and a couple hours to pull the trunk apart install everything and put it all back together. When I got my GTS i had an alarm installed, and I was going to have another trunk release installed, but I bought subs instead and no longer needed easy access to my trunk because nothing goes back there. Moral of the story is that the keyhole in the back works just fine for the few times I have to slide something from the back into the back seat but if you feel you use your trunk on a regular basis and don't want to spend the extra few seconds it would take to use the keys you are already holding in your hand to pop the trunk and push a key into a hole, installing a trunk release is not a difficult task.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts