Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you take the lights apart and remove the red color from the stock lights? or even a non stock reverse light?

I will probably get these because the plastic isn't textured:

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
my guess would be no. I'd think the red portion was actually red plastic. :dunno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kinda figure it would be, but I just hate it that the only clears I can find are very textured.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why would you want to remove the red? They're the night running lights and depending on where you live (me being in California) they need to be red. I bought some frosted clears and the red bulb cap lost its color and I was pulled over and got a fix-it ticket. Now I have a LED bulb in there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would you want to remove the red? They're the night running lights and depending on where you live (me being in California) they need to be red. I bought some frosted clears and the red bulb cap lost its color and I was pulled over and got a fix-it ticket. Now I have a LED bulb in there.
Because I said I wanted to :bigthumb:

I'll be putting a red light in it so I wont need to worry about that anyway. I want to tint it with a blue color to match the blue on black theme. In the day it will look blue and when in use it will show red.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
http://www.club3g.com/forum/show-shine/105103-blacked-out-3rd-brake-light.html

Read that and look at photos.

As far as seperating the housing, I've broken atleast 6 pairs making SEVERAL attempts using various chemicals and temperatures to loosen the joints to seperate. In conclusion, it worked partially, once... which is not enough for me to feel confident on doing something of that nature as a service.

However, tinting, in various shades, etc.. I do offer. Pics are int he above link.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the pair you show there. that's what I'm going for, But with the blue tint in place of the red, for daytime show. I'll have to keep searching.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
I like the pair you show there. that's what I'm going for, But with the blue tint in place of the red, for daytime show. I'll have to keep searching.
Well, there are only one set of rear corners manufactured for this car on the market, and those are it.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
well for another option, go to Home, he makes custom ordered rear corners, anyway you like. I have solid clear rear corners with smoked lense.

he stays rather busy, so you need to email him. It takes him a while to respond, but he makes some quality stuff.

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
and IMO - getting a hold of "Zappedman" is about as successful as Chase with CMF. People have waited MONTHS just for an email reply.

·
SPYDEY MF!
5,223 Posts
well he usually gets back to me within a couple of days, week at the most as long as i e-mail him. Now, PM'ing him, you have a better chance of finding the holy grail.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well for another option, go to Home, he makes custom ordered rear corners, anyway you like.
Thanks, this is probably what it will come down to.

To answer the original question, the red cannot be removed on the DEPO lights, and it IS textured just like the OEM lights.
Okay, good to know. By textured I just meant how the depos have a solid clear through look compared to the ebay clears, which have that crystalized textured look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts