Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2000 gs and ever since winter my heat hasn’t blown hot air :/ it’ll come on for maybe a second then turn to cold anyone know what to do about this?
also anyone know of some good first modifications. Engine or cosmetic. I still have a long way to go before she’s finished as you can tell 👇
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
With the engine running reach behind the motor and check the two heater lines going to the heater core ... If the top one is hot and the lower cold, then you have a blocked heater core. If both lines are hot I would say the blend door on the heater is not opening … Also, you may have air trapped in the block and may have to burp your rad. As far as mods go, you need to decide if you want power or looks... There are some pretty nice body kits out there and aftermarket wings... Take a look at the ugly purple car that was in 2 Fast 2 Furious ... Maybe you will get some ideas from that. As far as performance I can't recommend anything because I don't know enough about these cars yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys so I have a 2000 gs and ever since winter my heat hasn’t blown hot air :/ it’ll come on for maybe a second then turn to cold anyone know what to do about this?
also anyone know of some good first modifications. Engine or cosmetic. I still have a long way to go before she’s finished as you can tell 👇 View attachment 44466
Engine mod wise I’d say go for some bolt ons first to make the car more fun to drive. Catback, cold air intake, and headers are good starters. A tune would be good too. If you wanted to get big power you could go turbo or 4g63 head swap it but those would be more expensive projects.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with burping it, also make sure you are topped off on antifreeze they are kind of finicky if even a little low. Is the gauge reading on the low side after warming up? If so you might have a cold thermostat or stuck open one. I like using 195 or 205 degree stats not the best for every area but works for ours nicely.

·
Registered
2005 Spyder GT
292 Posts
In this order:
1. Burp air and top off fluid, check for success
2. Flush heater core by removing hoses at firewall and using low pressure water to slowly flush the core, preferably in both directions, normal then reverse, for at least five minutes (see youtube videos on how-to).
After flush, repeat step one again in case air was introduced, and then check for success.
3. Check thermostat and replace if necessary, burp air again and top off. Check for success.
4. Check for properly functioning heater door, though less likely then 1-3 to be the culprit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the engine running reach behind the motor and check the two heater lines going to the heater core ... If the top one is hot and the lower cold, then you have a blocked heater core. If both lines are hot I would say the blend door on the heater is not opening … Also, you may have air trapped in the block and may have to burp your rad. As far as mods go, you need to decide if you want power or looks... There are some pretty nice body kits out there and aftermarket wings... Take a look at the ugly purple car that was in 2 Fast 2 Furious ... Maybe you will get some ideas from that. As far as performance I can't recommend anything because I don't know enough about these cars yet.
turned out to be a clogged heater core ended up having to flush it for about 5 minutes to clear it out 🤣

1 - 6 of 6 Posts