Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:eek: All these macros where done with a 18-55mm kit lens reversed :lol: Not sure if the camera is a D40.

vr4rs link=topic=97.msg310467#msg310467 date=1198733182 said:
ayos si papi j praktis ng praktis ah galing! 8)
galing ako marilao bulacan sa aming maliit na lupain dami sana insekto kaso umulan pero may ilan rin naman nagpacute na insekto... share ko lang ilang pics...
eto mga 1 cm na higad liit lang ito gumapang sa pader basa pa sa ulan ang cute :D

ayos talaga reversed lens... 8)

langaw rin ba ito? sobra liit mga 2 mm lang sya...

smile... 8)

eto mga 6 mm na tipaklong liit rin...

eto brown naman ganun rin kaliit...

ayaw paawat ng mga ito kahit mabasa ng ulan... ;D

eto may naki-hitch buti nakakalipad pa...

click na lang sa pics para ma-view large size...
maya na lang yung iba dami na eh... ;D :snoozer:
vr4rs link=topic=97.msg311517#msg311517 date=1198826528 said:
yun pa rin kit lens papi :) eto pa... nakunan ko yung baby sawyer kagabi ang cute super liit wala pa yata 1 cm length nya :D

uncropped lahat yan :D sino adik? :lol:
Here's his Flickr - jumping spider on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Flickr: Photos from ProDigi

Is this for real? :lol: Who's done this before? I did a Google search and it's a "technique" :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
I've read about it but never tried it.

My dad uses an old 50mm prime lens upside down (like a loupe, sort of) to look at slides on a light box, and so it definitely seems like it could work.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Cool! A lot of people usually reverse a 50/1.8 or something like that, don't usually see a reversed zoom.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
yes you can do it. have fun trying to hold the lens, move it, push the camera buttons, move the camera to focus...

it's easier to just buy a set of kenko extension tubes and do it that way. they are like $50 for all three.

·
Wut Wut In Da Butt
36,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
B U
351 Posts
:lol: flipMarc, you made me read tagalog (which I just noticed that I havent in a long ass time).

Well I got an adapter before I bought my true macro lens. Haven't used the adapter since.

Here's a few samples when I was shooting with it.
Minolta AF 70-210/4 with reversed MF 50/1.7

AF 75-300 with reversed MF 50/1.7

with my Tamron 90/2.8

Honestly, if you dont have access or resources to have a Macro lens, the reverse adapter is worth it as it challenges you more with a different perspective in photography. But as Anus! already mentioned, same goes with Kenko extension tubes. The whole process of taking macro with a reversed is very tedious and requires a lot of skills, which are more like patience, steady hands while stabilizing the camera and manually focusing your lens, and all other setting changes in camera.

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
^^^ Nice, that's cool that those are yours, and out of all the discussion you have actually done it :yesway:

This is one that my dad took this summer, it was the Panasonic SLR (nromally comes with a Leica kit lens but this was with a Zeiss macro, 60mm I htink with a 2:1 (or is it considered 1:2?) ratio. Not "true" macro I guess (1:1) but still a neat dedicated lens and a lot more useable for things like flowers and etc. Anyhow, I really like it, figured it was appropriate to put up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts