Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on Facebook as well, but just wanting some more opinions. I'm trying to match my reverse lights better with the tail lights. The Depo reverse lights come as either a chrome housing with clear lens or chrome housing with a smoke lens. My TYC tail lights are a black housing with clear lens. So which look better to you guys?

And here are the rear end lights on with the smoke lens reverse lights installed:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll post more pics tonight with one of each reverse light installed for a better comparison.

·
New To Site
01 Spyder GT
146 Posts
Because you have smoked tail lights obviously the smoked reverse light look the best.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sounds like the smoked lens is a clear winner like it was on Facebook. I'll still try to get pictures with one of each style light installed for a better comparison.

Because you have smoked tail lights obviously the smoked reverse light look the best.
Smoked refers to the lens being darker, which on the tail lights it's a clear lens.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm happy I bought the smoked reverse lights and will continue to visually improve the 3G since there's not much more I can do performance-wise. I posted the clear reverse lights for sale on Facebook thinking they'd be up for a bit before I get bites but they sold in under 15 minutes! Guess I won't be getting those pictures for comparison after all!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm happy I bought the smoked reverse lights and will continue to visually improve the 3G since there's not much more I can do performance-wise. I posted the clear reverse lights for sale on Facebook thinking they'd be up for a bit before I get bites but they sold in under 15 minutes! Guess I won't be getting those pictures for comparison after all!
would you happen to know where I can find smoked front directionals for 03-05 bumper?
Or maybe if the 00-02 ones on ebay can be modded to fit before I shell out the cash?

·
Registered
2004 Eclipse Gs
38 Posts
I posted this on Facebook as well, but just wanting some more opinions. I'm trying to match my reverse lights better with the tail lights. The Depo reverse lights come as either a chrome housing with clear lens or chrome housing with a smoke lens. My TYC tail lights are a black housing with clear lens. So which look better to you guys?

And here are the rear end lights on with the smoke lens reverse lights installed:
Where’d you get these by the way

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
would you happen to know where I can find smoked front directionals for 03-05 bumper?
Or maybe if the 00-02 ones on ebay can be modded to fit before I shell out the cash?
The 00-02 are a completely different shape and won't fit. I haven't been able to find the Depo 03-05 front corner housings that I have for sale anymore. They may be discontinued.

Where’d you get these by the way

·
Registered
2004 Eclipse Gs
38 Posts
The 00-02 are a completely different shape and won't fit. I haven't been able to find the Depo 03-05 front corner housings that I have for sale anymore. They may be discontinued.

My bad mad I meant the rain lights, eBay for those too? Thanks for the reply man

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I'm gonna be replacing my cracked front bumper soon and will use it to see if it can be retrofitted for the 00-02 front corner markers. I'll get a cheap marker from a junk yard to play around with and I bet I can figure it out somehow. Hopefully, whatever mod is needed to the 03-05 bumper wont make it unusable with 03-05 markers, in case I wanted to switch back to stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts