Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i install a Greddy or HKS blow of valve on a Ripp SDS kit, because the i like the psss of theses BOV than the ripp BOV. Can somebody help me with this please.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure? I read i other posts that if i install another BOV in the sds kit i will have problems later with the blower. I don't know why, can explain?

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
repforenzo said:
The Ripp BOV has some vents that are open all the time to aid idle and help with surge.
However if you want to you can get a Greddy Type-S BOV and get their Relief valve, produces the same thing.

·
finally BOOSTED
879 Posts
ur gay chris... the SSQV is da shit meng. that thing sounds like a pigeon got stuck in the intake. and it looks like a bullet. its mean man, it mean.

:sam:

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
WEASELFURY said:
ur gay chris... the SSQV is da shit meng. that thing sounds like a pigeon got stuck in the intake. and it looks like a bullet. its mean man, it mean.

:sam:
:lmfao:

Mike you are a ricer... :clap:

:p

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
Hey Russ, while we on the subject of BOV... what is the extra vac nipple on your BOV for the SDS Draw-Thru kit for? The larger one is obviously for manifold vac. But I can't find an explenation for the other one below it... most BOVs have just one vac nipple.

Thanks.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
repforenzo said:
Hey Russ, while we on the subject of BOV... what is the extra vac nipple on your BOV for the SDS Draw-Thru kit for? The larger one is obviously for manifold vac. But I can't find an explenation for the other one below it... most BOVs have just one vac nipple.

Thanks.

I've always wondered that as well, I had just assumed that it might be used to help hold the blow off valve closed under boost much like how the top port on a wastegate is used to help keep it closed :dunno:

·
One Sic Mic
3,543 Posts
The smaller nipple can be spliced into the turbo outlet pipe or into the line between the turbo and wastgate. This allows there to be pressure even when the other line has vacuum. It should activate the BOV quicker by adding pressure beneath the valve seat. This was how it was "splained" to me. Who knows though, I've been misinformed before :)

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
punker9474 said:
The smaller nipple can be spliced into the turbo outlet pipe or into the line between the turbo and wastgate. This allows there to be pressure even when the other line has vacuum. It should activate the BOV quicker by adding pressure beneath the valve seat. This was how it was "splained" to me. Who knows though, I've been misinformed before :)
You are correct.

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,954 Posts
NAPALM said:
You are correct.

So the same can happen with the SDS? There are nipple access points on the shell of the outlet of the Vortech that I can tap into.

I'm not sure who makes this BOV I have, but do I need to employ both pressure (for a lack of a better word) nipple and manifold vac. nipple for this BOV to work properly? Or is it just possible to use the main manifold vac. nipple alone?

Thanks, and harobark, sorry for jumping your thread a bit, but hopefully you'll find this info useful, as I have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts