Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what do I do with the vacuum box?

i have the boost pipes connected, the oil feed, the drain, sds its mounted on..

I just need the belt and vacuum block...

what parts of the SDS kit need vacuum... just the BOV to the FPR.. anything else?

am i pretty much done with the install after I connect the bov's vacuum line and put on the belt????

kit info: i got an incomplete kit so I dont have the sds idler so imma get a belt to run that excludes the compressor (anyone think its a bad idea? other than for ac pourposes..
I already have FPR, vr4 injectors, vr4 fuel rail and gonna get it reflashed when its running..

i had a turbo setup before and i know there was a vacuum line for the wastegate on the turbo.. i noticed the vortech SC has lil holes that are plugged.. do i need to put a vacuum line there? or am i missing anything that you guys can think of?

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
You need vacuum for the BOV and the AFPR. If you have the methanol injection system, the controller for that needs a vacuum connection. That should be everything if you don't have a boost gauge.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need vacuum for the BOV and the AFPR. If you have the methanol injection system, the controller for that needs a vacuum connection. That should be everything if you don't have a boost gauge.
i dont have the ripp mods Fuel pressure regulator..

so pretty much T off the FPR i have right now for the BOV and im good to go interms of the kit right.. i know the boost gauge needs one

anyone tried to run a belt without using sds pulley and just skipping the AC compressor?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I have been told that the two plugs you see on the SDS shaft are NOT to be used, touched, etc. They are there for when RIPP or Vortech service the shaft (replace bearings, etc). I can't help with your other questions as I am looking for those answers myself :wavey:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have my own FPR that goes with my vr4 fuel rail... thanks tho...

Yea NCSPYDER, I see all these holes on the vortech blower.. makes me worried that something goes in there.. theres 2 threaded holes on the side of the blower as well next to the bar that goes to your belts.. then theres 2 holes that are plugged by where the coupler connects..

dunno im just use to turbos and I know I had more vacuum lines than just the BOV..

·
1,150 Posts
sounds like with your setup all you need to provide for is the BOV and your FPR. There are no vac lines that go to the blower itself.

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
i have my own FPR that goes with my vr4 fuel rail... thanks tho...

Yea NCSPYDER, I see all these holes on the vortech blower.. makes me worried that something goes in there.. theres 2 threaded holes on the side of the blower as well next to the bar that goes to your belts.. then theres 2 holes that are plugged by where the coupler connects..

dunno im just use to turbos and I know I had more vacuum lines than just the BOV..
Nothing goes in the holes on the blower. I can't remember what they're for, but they aren't mentioned in any of Vortech's documentation. The holes on the supercharger shaft allow you to access the pins that hold the SDS coupler to the SDS inner shaft. They are only useful to periodically check for metal shavings (bad).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i guess I couldnt elminate the a/c pulley because the belt being tensioned by the stock tensioner would pull down (only have very small tensioning room) and it would rub with the belt going the other way... i guess i have to use the ac pulley to get more seperation so the belts dont rub but of course with the sds ontop of the alternator, the alternator will most likely not spin since the belt wont wrap around the alternator pulley since its going form sds pulley, down to alternator down to AC pulley.. (dunno if it makes sense)
so I had to put a pulley in the bracket ontop of the ac condensor that is there for no apperant reason.. pulley cost 14 bucks at autozone..

and with that pulley inplace now i can seperate the belts from rubbing together when the belt goes from the alternator to the crank pulley and have about 1+ inches of tensioning room.. was the sds idle pulley cheaper than 14bucks? and is that pretty much how the SDS pulley goes?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just noticed in a pic that tearstones install pics dont have the braket I have...

thats weird, the bracket I had was jsut there held on by 2 bolts with nothing attached to it.. looked like it was meant for a pulley at the end.. weird..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for future reference incase anyone buys just the BOV, alternator bracket and the blower from SDS (and have that bracket i had on their car), the pulley and belt I needed to make it work are..

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
for future reference incase anyone buys just the BOV, alternator bracket and the blower from SDS (and have that bracket i had on their car), the pulley and belt I needed to make it work are..

Whoa, that's not exactly where the idler pulley is supposed to be. You're probably going to get a LOT of belt slip with that configuration. The idler from RIPP is placed to get more belt contact on the SDS pulley.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow thats totally different diagram from what I saw someone else post up on another thread..

anywho.. i ran the car and had no belt slip that i could notice.. hmm maybee later? who knows.. heres how i ran it..

i figured the way it was routed was so the belt didnt slip on the alternator since the path of the sds puelly, alt pulley and a/c pulley are almost linear and the alternator made the least amount of contact... while the sds pulley got the most since the belt almost wraped around it..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i guess we will see how it runs like this over a longer period of time before I go order the barket and pulley heh..

·
My snail is bigger!
1,154 Posts
You're going to get belt slip as soon as you hit high RPMs/maximum boost. With that setup, you have fewer degrees of contact with the SDS pulley.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
havent noticed anything yet.. already hit maximum boost..im keeping an eye on it.. either way the important thing was getting the car running...

im sure imma get ripped off on the braket and pulley if I need it :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts