Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
And here is what that would look like in your engine bay.. would love to have this but it would get me in trouble ..I can`t afford it any ways

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, I'm currently in the process of buying a 3g spyder, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but I don't currently even own the car.

I can't write tell in the video, big what kind of gains does this give over a stock '05 automatic spyder (210 hp).

·
Registered
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5spd
26 Posts
So, I'm currently in the process of buying a 3g spyder, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but I don't currently even own the car.

I can't write tell in the video, big what kind of gains does this give over a stock '05 automatic spyder (210 hp).
Not entirely certain on the proper figures, but I'm willing to bet you'd hit 300whp or close to that area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And, is there anything else you've gotta do to the motors to handle that power? Or is it mostly bolt-n-go?

·
Registered
26 Posts
And, is there anything else you've gotta do to the motors to handle that power? Or is it mostly bolt-n-go?
Mostly bolt-on. I would strongly advise that you get a sample of the oil in your 3G when you get it and send it for an oil analysis from Blackstone or whoever. 300whp is right around where you might encounter piston chipping if you are going with forced induction according to Tearstone, and it's best that you do this on a healthy engine or a built one.

The SDS installation is here somewhere on C3G and it'll pretty much get you started with the installation and required modifications like the oil feed line. The RIPP SDS is meant to be used with the stock motor from my research and you shouldn't need anything else than what the kit would've come with/included in the instructions.

Edit: I meant that you don't exactly need a motor with forged pistons or the likes with the RIPP SDS. I could be wrong but this is what I've found when I was researching the RIPP SDS that I used to have in my 3G before I had to remove it.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Mostly bolt-on. I would strongly advise that you get a sample of the oil in your 3G when you get it and send it for an oil analysis from Blackstone or whoever. 300whp is right around where you might encounter piston chipping if you are going with forced induction according to Tearstone, and it's best that you do this on a healthy engine or a built one.
Piston chipping? Perhaps save the performance questions for the more experienced...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Piston chipping? Perhaps save the performance questions for the more experienced...
Yeah probably a good idea :LOL:

My 3G ended up needing a rebuild because of my inexperience with both driving manual and the RIPP SDS. Pretty much this picture from when my engine was being rebuilt is how two of my pistons ended up with the SDS. Revved it too high cold because the cluster wasn’t working at the time and I had no idea what rpm I was at.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Perhaps save the performance questions for the more experienced...
Would you mind tossing a bit of thought in as well? :D I'm definitely interested in whatever knowledge you can share. I would be running an automatic 3.0 v6 from 2005. So, any advice or opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Would you mind tossing a bit of thought in as well? :D I'm definitely interested in whatever knowledge you can share. I would be running an automatic 3.0 v6 from 2005. So, any advice or opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.
Why don't you make your own post instead of hijacking this guy's for sale post?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why don't you make your own post instead of hijacking this guy's for sale post?
Because other people who are potentially interested in buying the item would likely want the same info that I am asking about, so putting that information here would help expedite his sale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think OP and Murkrow have discussed his sales commission yet 😅
I mean, is be a'ok getting information from OP since they likely can attest to the gains seeing as they were likely using it. Just wanting concise info isall, and instead I'm getting grumpy replies.

·
New To Site
2001 Spyder GT
245 Posts
For the asking price of this item you would think you would get every thing needed ...I see the original poster did not tag his picture with his club info . I don't even see this supercharger listed for a Mitsubishi in there inventory so I am guessing it has been discontinued ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the asking price of this item you would think you would get every thing needed ...I see the original poster did not tag his picture with his club info . I don't even see this supercharger listed for a Mitsubishi in there inventory so I am guessing it has been discontinued ?
Yes, I'm fairly certain the item is discontinued, I just would be much more interested if it were a full kit with everything needed and not just the tube and charger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts