Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to make your supplemental fuel set up without buying ripps setup. The fuel set up that came with my sds was suppose to work with the 310cc injectors instead of SFS. Ripp wants 750 bucks for SFS and that only includes 2 injectors and a pipe that you install the injectors. Couldnt i just buy my own injectors, install 2 injector holders, and wire it up to the black box. Or am i missing something. Any help would be appreciated

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im aware of those products but since i already have the black box with the tuning software and its capable of doing the samething. I thought i could buy my own parts and save money instead of going through ripp for the upgrade

·
Ah yes...
10,964 Posts
Um... the system is pretty easy. Its two injectors I think they are 650cc IIRC. That run into a small fuel rail. As long as you have a fuel rail with a fuel feed and return and the two injector ports you could probably mount it insome sort of fashion and fab up a 90 degree elbow for the intake piping to shoot the fuel into.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
The problem that you run into is that the SMT-6 CANNOT control both the larger injectors and the supplemental injectors. If you want to run the stock injectors and just use the SMT-6 for the secondary injectors you can. Then your fuel map in the SMT-6 is used for just the supplementals.

So bottom line, yes you can use the SMT-6 to control the supplemental injectors as long as you have your stock injectors in place.

Actually, now that I think about it, the SMT-6 could probably do both as it's doing primary fuel correction via MAF manipulation instead of actual injector manipulation. I do believe the SMT-6 has another map for actually controlling injectors.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem that you run into is that the SMT-6 CANNOT control both the larger injectors and the supplemental injectors. If you want to run the stock injectors and just use the SMT-6 for the secondary injectors you can. Then your fuel map in the SMT-6 is used for just the supplementals.

So bottom line, yes you can use the SMT-6 to control the supplemental injectors as long as you have your stock injectors in place.

Actually, now that I think about it, the SMT-6 could probably do both as it's doing primary fuel correction via MAF manipulation instead of actual injector manipulation. I do believe the SMT-6 has another map for actually controlling injectors.
ok ill leave the stock injectors in and probably use 2 decent size supplemental injectors. Does anybody have the wiring diagram for the black box. Because ripps no help. They gave me the wrong diagram that basically doesnt tell nothing about how to wire it. Or does the real power SMT-6 share the same wiring as the ripps black box. Because i found that diagram

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
It should yes. I'll take a look and see if I can pull up the diagram that they sent me via email. Alcovard also has a very nice excel spreadsheet.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks greg ill look through alcovard threads and see what i can dig up

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
I've got one of those Ripp pipes with the dual injectors in case you end up needing it. I just upgraded my 6 injectors so I wont be using this piece of the kit. PM me if you want details.

·
REDLINE ALL GEARS
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've got one of those Ripp pipes with the dual injectors in case you end up needing it. I just upgraded my 6 injectors so I wont be using this piece of the kit. PM me if you want details.
hey thanks youve been pmed. still looking around for the diagram. i looked most of alvocard post with no luck

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,061 Posts

Greg, why not mention Todd's Split Second controller for his supplemental injectors... he's still using it right?

·
BoomGoesTheDynaMitt
7,180 Posts
Why did you upgrade from the SFS... is it not equivalent to having the injectors upgraded?
1) I was already replacing the fuel rails with VR4 rails. I had a set of 310 Venom injectors that came with my used Ripp kit (which also included the SFS).
2) I didn't like the idea of spraying fuel through my throttle body :dunno:
3) I wanted a reason to play with ECU flash (injector scaling) while I continued prepping for my SDS install.

hey thanks youve been pmed. still looking around for the diagram. i looked most of alvocard post with no luck
What diagram? If it is Ripp or 6G72 related then chances are I have it available for DL on my website.

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Greg, why not mention Todd's Split Second controller for his supplemental injectors... he's still using it right?
That would entail dishing out another $350 for a secondary fuel controller only.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts