Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Car: 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.4L 4Cylinder Engine
Issue: RPMs are low at 400-500 while idling and driving slow sometimes, even in park sometimes it doesn't raise properly like it normally should

I've had various idle issues over the years and have replaced the IAC multiple times. I did that recently as well as cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body, also replaced the air filter. After replacing the IAC I had a rough idle, jumping around 600 to 1000 back and forth. Realized I had left the MAF sensor unplugged, put it back in, problem solved. Now a couple days later and today I notice that the RPMs are way too low during idle as well as sometimes while driving slow. They've been going as low as 400. I've been stalling at lights, and occasionally when I slow down to go around a turn in a neighborhood or something. I used an OBD 2 reader and got the following relevant codes:

P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance
P0107 Manifold Absolute Pressure/BARO Sensor Low Input
P0111 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit Range / Performance

I figured that the MAF was ruled out because I just had a code stored from when I had it unplugged for a couple days. But from reading another thread, P0107 relates to the MAF sensor as well, not the MAP sensor. So now I'm confused. I was thinking I could just replace the MAP sensor and be golden, now I'm not so sure. Any thoughts or experience you guys could share?

Edit: The car stalls immediately upon startup with MAF disconnected. I was able to drive with it disconnected for a couple days without knowing about it before.

Thanks,

Adam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other tidbit: I have a completely new radiator / cooling system, and a fairly new water pump. Yet my engine temp wants to hover in the danger zone lately when it really shouldn't be. Not redlining, but it's a little over halfway up the gauge which is a symptom I know from driving this car 14 years means something is not quite right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts