Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***These rules are effective on all threads/posts on September 13, 2006 and thereafter.***​

These rules will be enforced for the common interest of all buyers and sellers, this includes the middleman that is holding the group buy for a vendor. This is a message from one of the "Originals", Chris a.k.a. CQ7String:

Chris said:
This is a message forum to discuss cars, not a place for shady vendors to conveniently screw our members en masse.

If you send someone money for a group buy, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure that the vendor is reputable, and that you have proof of payment. I can't make this clear enough. The best way to protect yourself here is to do your homework and check out the vendor BEFORE you send your money off. Someone may post and organize the original group buy, but it is your responsibility to do check the vendor and determine for yourself if it appears to be an honest deal. If I fiberglass myself a bodykit in my driveway and post some pics, it does not necessarily mean that I am capable of mass producing them.

Of note: If you paypal someone (say me, for example) for a product listed in a group buy, and you do not have a VALID website/auction/transaction record, you are NOT eligible for a refund. EG: If you paypal me $1500 for a body kit, a post on here and/or an email is NOT grounds enough by Paypal's guidelines to cover you. Be aware of this.

Next.

If you are organizing a group buy, and you collect money from members, it is YOUR responsibility to keep people informed of what the status is. Once a month is NOT enough information for people who are sending you money. If I see a group buy going unchecked for weeks at a time, your member account will be restricted to this forum and private messaging only until the buy has either been shipped and closed completely, or ended and refunds given.

To be frank, setting up a group buy is a giant pain in the ass. Do not post here, luring people into buying something and sending you money if you won't have the time, money, resources or otherwise to make it happen. Your life story is unimportant when it comes to the money of people you don't know. If you THINK you MIGHT not have the time, don't bother. Threads that go for 4 weeks or more without any indication of an actual timeframe, price, vendor or otherwise "complete plan" will be deleted. Repost it, and I'll delete your account and ban your address as well. This forum deals with Club3G members hard-earned money. If you do not respect that, don't expect to be respected in return.

Lastly:

Though it sucks when things don't go well, remember that it's not up to the Admins/Mods to see that things get corrected when they go awry. I've personally recieved pages and pages of PM's from members asking me to help locate scammers, bad vendors and otherwise. The bottom line here is that this is a public forum, moderated lightly by people who have time commitments of their own. It's up to you to take measures to protect yourself.

Comments and suggestions regarding this post are welcome, solid replies only - I'll be pruning this thread of any general forum suggestions (as there is a separate forum for that) and group buy suggestions as far as products are concerned.

- Chris
::::::::::::The following rules applies to ALL members that posts in this forum::::::::::::​

1. No flaming, harrassment or offensive slurs. This includes any racist comments, vulgar language or flaming. If you have a problem with somebody, duke it out through Private Messages or Off-Topic.

2. Writing a post like a moron (or you're in kindergarten) will result in a warning, followed by a 1-day ban if it continues. Make it easy for others to interact with you by being courteous and respectful.

3. Stay on topic. This forum will stay directly to business and product discussions, any off-topic posts will be deleted without warning. If you have to know how Bob and his pet dogs are doing, ask through private messages.

4. If you see anyone breaking the rule, report the post or PM a moderator, do not try to incite a fight or turn it into a flaming bandwagon, or you will be comedy banned too.

::::::::::::If you are a group buy vendor or a middle-man::::::::::::​

You guys are going to be watched even more closely, since many of you are the ones that tends to break rules left and right around here.

****All group buys are now required to be in a special format (Refer to post #2) or they will be deleted without notice.****​

First, ask yourself this: Is this really a group buy? A group buy is considered to be the following:

-A special price made available to a selected group of people (The members of this club).
-A certain number of pre-paid or interested people are required to get the special pricing.
-Sales of an item available at the special price for a certain amount of time period or until inventory runs out.
If you are planning to sell by one of the above criteria, it is a group buy. Refer to post #2 in order to set up the posting format. If it does not fall under any of the following criterias, you need to post it in the For Sale/Buy/Trade forums.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Example of a group buy.

2000-2005 Eclipse Z3 Fenders

Description: (Enter a detailed description of the product, such as what it comes with, what it does, and technical specification if applicable)

Price: (Enter the GROUP BUY price, not the regular price of the product in U.S. Dollars here. Be sure to mention if the price includes shipping/tax or not)

Length of Sale: (If applicable, in case if the group buy is only available for a specific amount of time, put it down here)

Shipping: (This is where description of shipping method(s) and/or shipping costs goes)

Ordering: (Procedures to ordering the product will be listed here. If the buyer needs to go to a website, or just pay to a PayPal address, put it all here. Do not forget to mention what payment methods are accepted!)

Interested/Buying list: (If applicable, this is the list of those who are interested or buying the product)

Contact Info: (Enter your name, address, phone number and any other contact information. Middle-men, you need to enter the vendor/dealer's information here)

::::::Special thanks to Nick Wagner of North American Motorsports for this posting format::::::​

·
Generally Bitter Admin
28,432 Posts
Members of Club3G.com, please take note that the use of this forum is at your own discretion, but to the Moderating staffs application of the Rules and Regulations. Please review “The Rules and Regulations of the Group Buy Forum” for clarification of the processes in this forum.

The purpose of this forum and those who participate in it are to provide the members of Club3G.com with an avenue to purchase products en masse, ideally resulting in a lower price point.

In a perfect world that would happen without fail, however, we do not live in a perfect world. The people or groups who host the Group Buys in this forum have to adhere to a standard in order to post here, as members of this community; you have a responsibility as well.

Members who post in this forum shall not, under any circumstance, belittle, insinuate, emphasize, or defame any person or group who hosts a group buy here. There are no exceptions.

If you as a member feel that you can find a better price than what is being offered, go ahead and act on your own accord, do not, I repeat, do not attempt to dissuade or manipulate a group buy based on your assumptions about that group buy. Do not attempt to privately contact the group or person holding the Group Buy and harass them either. If you feel the deal is not worthwhile simply do not participate in it.

If the person or group holding the Group Buy is not successful in said Group Buy, the responsibility to make the Group Buy attractive is put upon them, not you as a member.

These addenda along with the original “Rules and Regulations of the Group Buy Forum” are effective immediately and are without question or exception.

·
Registered
13,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, let me add something. Since some of you wisecracks are still totally disregarding the rules and take advantage of the fact that this forum is not as heavily moderated as the F/S section, from this point on if a moderator catch ANYONE flaming, hijacking threads or being disrespectful to others in this section, you will be banned for 3 days. No IFs, BUTs, or any excuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.