Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am looking for another 3G being my project was shutdown due to rust. So my question is this...is certain years more prone to rust? Maybe it was a steel supply issue from mitsu during a certain time? From what I have noticed, almost no 2000 to 2002 cars are rusty, and the majority is from the year 2003. Also, was there another color similar to the titanium pearl color offered in 2003? I'm looking at a 2003 GT that I think is the same color from the pictures as my GTS but, it looks slightly different.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
835 Posts
From what I know there was a facial change in 03 but as far as body panels go I believe they are the same. I believe it has to be more of where or how the car was used. I have a friend that has a 2017 Mustang and there is more rust on his car than mine....and mine has none because it has always been winter stored. The last time I had my car on the hoist I saw some rusty color at the spare tire well...took a rag and wiped it off. My friend sprayed rust check on it but I wish he didn't... I was going to wire wheel it and use undercoating. My heart goes out to you brother. All that money invested in the motor and then come to find out the car ain't worth it. That had to hurt... Hope you find a replacement soon....Best of luck...Did you even consider the one that is going to the crusher?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I know there was a facial change in 03 but as far as body panels go I believe they are the same. I believe it has to be more of where or how the car was used. I have a friend that has a 2017 Mustang and there is more rust on his car than mine....and mine has none because it has always been winter stored. The last time I had my car on the hoist I saw some rusty color at the spare tire well...took a rag and wiped it off. My friend sprayed rust check on it but I wish he didn't... I was going to wire wheel it and use undercoating. My heart goes out to you brother. All that money invested in the motor and then come to find out the car ain't worth it. That had to hurt... Hope you find a replacement soon....Best of luck...Did you even consider the one that is going to the crusher?
Yes, although it's an automatic and I'd rather have a 5 speed. There is an 02 GT near me that needs a clutch I can get for 700 dollars that looks real good but, it has 200k on the odometer. There is another 03 GT same color as my GTS but, it's a GT that needs a door and fender. The one on my GTS is perfect for it but, it has 220k. I'm nervous about an engine with that many miles but, I've read about the 6G72 going well over 300k if taken care of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts