Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 602 Posts

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second times a charm. I got home late last night from TPS with my second fully built 6g72. Special thanks to Russ for helping me put together the long block and making it a much shorter job to get it back in the car and running.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drelo said:
Looks good. I wish you nothing but smooth sailing from here.
Thanks :) This engine was in the care of TPS when being machined and assembled so I expect nothing but the best.

·
The 11sec club
247 Posts
the only thing i see wrong and not to be a ass but get rid of that hack fuel rail setup and get something better.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rtspeed said:
the only thing i see wrong and not to be a ass but get rid of that hack fuel rail setup and get something better.
Whats wrong with the fuel rail setup? That was done by GCT when they botched up my original built engine.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Rulez said:
When are you putting it in Chris?
I plan on dropping the engine in tonight and bolting it up to the torque converter and transmission case. Im still waiting on a fiew exhaust gaskets so the remainder of the work will be done thursday or friday.

EDIT: Scratch that its about to rain and I haven't taken the engine out of my van yet, so the install is going to have to be bumped back to tomorrow.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
High_flier said:
looking good, (race block)?
.040 overbore
CP pistons 8:5:1
Crower rods
Complete port job on the heads
RPW Stage 2 camshafts
Fidanza camgears
525cc injectors

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CubanB said:
lucky [email protected] Whats the HP/TQ rating of this engine?
As far as how much raw power it can take properly tuned, more then I will ever make.

Im doing this in 2 stages. First goal is 400whp/wtq with the stock transmission. Final goal is 600whp/wtq with a fully built sporty transmission and aftermarket axle halfshafts coutesy of rtspeed.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
You guys running the vr4 fuel rails?

Looks nice man!

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rulez said:
*cough*5speedconversion*cough*
*cough*5speednotraction*cough*

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chief Brody said:
You guys running the vr4 fuel rails?

Looks nice man!
Not yet but rtspeed brought it to my attention that the stock fuel rail will not be sufficient for my final goal so it seems somewhere along the lines I will have to either upgrade to the vr-4 fuel rail or concider other options.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ryu said:
Not yet but rtspeed brought it to my attention that the stock fuel rail will not be sufficient for my final goal so it seems somewhere along the lines I will have to either upgrade to the vr-4 fuel rail or concider other options.
Yeah, I just remember seeing that picture from jbasol and it looked pretty narrow in there and he was very concerned that it might no be able to flow enough fuel. Wouldn't want to starve that new beast.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thecrow1414 said:
*cough*learntodrive*cough*
I doubt both Jbasol and Mike are bad drivers. Even with a quaife Mike was having serious traction issues. Drivers skill can only compensate so much for too short of gearing.

1 - 20 of 602 Posts