Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

unfortunately i have some heart breaking news to tell you guys. First of all i want to thank everyone whos ever helped me in this forum, you guys are the best and i couldnt have gone this far without everyones support. Last saturday, i was driving on the highway when i noticed a van from a distance was completely stopped, i had no room to merge right and since it was a 2 lane highway i decided to drive onto the offshore lane in hopes to avoidan accident as my brakes werent stopping the car quick enough, what i didnt see however, was a construction truck on the offshore lane, and i ended up crashing the passanger side of the car into it, destroying the trucks back end and my side of the car. I am lucky to say i am alive and well with no injuries, however the cars framed is damage and is not worth fixing. Insurance wont be helping me out on this one as i dont have full coverage for my car and the state trooper decided to also give me a ticket. It has been a long journey with the eclipse and it will forever be in my heart, i loved the car a lot, very sad to see it go after all the work ive done. I also want to “retire” from this forum as i wont be an eclipse owner anymore after a few days when i junk my car. Once again, thank you for everyones help, and im sorry it had to end like this.

To not make it as sad as this is, enjoy this picture of my car at the scene of the crash with paul walker over it

I am also leaving pictures of the car
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grey

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

Glasses Car Vehicle registration plate Vision care Vehicle
Glasses Car Vehicle registration plate Vision care Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2001 Spyder GT
1,262 Posts
That sucks man. I can feel your pain brother. I like what you have done with the picture of Paul Walker... I am making a dedication to Paul also. This is a cover I will have made by a Trophy Shop that covers the wiring harness across the upper intake. I may remove the year, make and model and just have the dedication on there... It will be black with silver lettering.
Rectangle Font Packing materials Gas Carton

·
Registered
2001 Spyder GT. Koni adjustable shocks. cold air intake, ST sway bar.17X8.5 rims. LED headlights.
346 Posts
Glad you are OK. I hope this car gets harvested for parts. and not just sent to the crusher. ...J.D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would fix it myself for a day, by parts (from junkyard prices) it's under $400. Door, mirror, fender, hood, bumper, headlight, FR suspension.
most expensive is a windshield (under 300$) and top if damaged (non repairable)

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
3,065 Posts
Sorry to hear. Glad you were uninjured.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First would like to say thanks for everyone saying that im okay, much appreciated!. For anyone asking why i dont fix it, its because the frames damaged and the passanger side wheel is also disconnected, so it wouldnt be worrh fixing unfortunately. I have a serious buyer that wants to buy the car and either fix it up himself or use the engine and trans on his own eclipse that he has, will keep you guys updated if he ends up getting it. Also Widgmaster, i like what your doing with that wiring harness i think it will look great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, do you still have your eclipse? I'm in desperate need of a complete engine wiring harness. I have a 2000 gs 2.4l with automatic transmission. I can't afford to pay $300 for a used harness. Figured I'd give it a shot, sorry about your ride but it's better to be alive!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, do you still have your eclipse? I'm in desperate need of a complete engine wiring harness. I have a 2000 gs 2.4l with automatic transmission. I can't afford to pay $300 for a used harness. Figured I'd give it a shot, sorry about your ride but it's better to be alive!
I do still have it yes. But mines the 3.0 v6 manual trans soo im not sure the car will work with yours unfortunately, if it did i would have definitely given it to you for cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts