Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning to all! This problem has ben plaguing me for the last year and a half now... Has this happened to anyone and, if it has, have you ever been able to repair it? This is now my second set of lowering springs and I really don't want to spend the money on another pair. Both sets are Eibach Sportlines with the 1.7 in the front and 1.5 in the rear I think. Anywho, my rears are always the ones that start sagging after abput 6 months of use. I replaced my shocks twice thinking it was them but nope... Goes right back to the saggy ass stance after a day. I'm using AGX shocks too. I thought about the weight in the back but the most I've had was like an extra 50-75 lbs. Any ideas?

·
My Opinion Matters!
1,017 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in, I just got tein s techs, glad I didn't get the sportlines if that is the case.

Do you carry extra weight in the rear? or are you just becoming use to the height. Also realize that once you install lowering springs they will seat themselves to a height after a while, maybe that's what you notice. Take some measurements on a flat surface.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I thought about the extra weight in the rear but unless I'm hauling around 3 or 4 fat guys all day, that shouldn't matter. I haven't taken measurements but, just by looking at it, you can see that the front vs. The rear is totally uneven. I want to switch to Teins but I get such a good deal through my company with Eibach... I want to see if anyone has had that problem with any of theirs and if they resolved it.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take a pic and post it when I get home.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright here's what it looks like right now... does that look right to you?

·
Tiny Member
781 Posts
Yea those are definitely drooping in the rear. Before you buy another set of springs I would either get a set of brand name coilovers such as megans or Ksport. If thats out of price range, why not just throw the stock springs back on the rear and if they begin to sagg then it would probably look normal lol. But I hope you get this straightened out. I like your car BTW.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea those are definitely drooping in the rear. Before you buy another set of springs I would either get a set of brand name coilovers such as megans or Ksport. If thats out of price range, why not just throw the stock springs back on the rear and if they begin to sagg then it would probably look normal lol. But I hope you get this straightened out. I like your car BTW.
Thanks for the compliment bud. Eibach is a brand name. The set of Eibachs before them were brand names as well. You know.. I was actually thinking stock springs too but if I take a heavy turn with those things my ass end will slosh around like a big-titted girl on a trampoline! I guess its time to move to Tein H-Techs...:dunno:

·
Tiny Member
781 Posts
Thanks for the compliment bud. Eibach is a brand name. The set of Eibachs before them were brand names as well. You know.. I was actually thinking stock springs too but if I take a heavy turn with those things my ass end will slosh around like a big-titted girl on a trampoline! I guess its time to move to Tein H-Techs...:dunno:
NO NO NO H-techs look like stock shit lol but I know you were running brand name eibach springs but I was saying you should just upgrade to a complete coilover setup (which is about a grand) since you obciously need the stiffness and control. But if you think the H-techs are a good route then shoot for it.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO NO NO H-techs look like stock shit lol but I know you were running brand name eibach springs but I was saying you should just upgrade to a complete coilover setup (which is about a grand) since you obciously need the stiffness and control. But if you think the H-techs are a good route then shoot for it.
Huh? Really? I thought the H-techs were the 2-inch drop all around? I might have them confused. I researched coilovers as well but they just seem cheaply made to me... I know thats and oxymoron... paying a grand for something cheap... do you run them?

·
Tiny Member
781 Posts
Huh? Really? I thought the H-techs were the 2-inch drop all around? I might have them confused. I researched coilovers as well but they just seem cheaply made to me... I know thats and oxymoron... paying a grand for something cheap... do you run them?
Yea the "H" stands for HIGH but no I run skunk2 springs with stock struts until I can get up enough cash to dish on AGXs. Alot of guys here run Megan coilovers so do a lil research and see how people like them. I know they have great adjustability (32 different dampening settings I believe and camber adjustment) but I heard the ride is a lil uncomfortable, but lowered guys should be used to that.

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Umm coilovers aren't cheaply made....well some of them might be but most of them are really good....they are made for racing on the track.....lol.

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ummm Eibach Sportlines are rated for 2" all around.....the Pro Kits are 1.7 front 1.5 rear...
Gotcha and thanks for the correction. Not the point, however.

Umm coilovers aren't cheaply made....well some of them might be but most of them are really good....they are made for racing on the track.....lol.
I'm sure they aren't cheaply made... they just seem cheap to me. For one, most Honda/Acura ricers use them because why? Because they're cheap. Regardless, have you ever had this problem rice boy or are you just throwing in your :twocent:?

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Gotcha and thanks for the correction. Not the point, however.

I'm sure they aren't cheaply made... they just seem cheap to me. For one, most Honda/Acura ricers use them because why? Because they're cheap. Regardless, have you ever had this problem rice boy or are you just throwing in your:twocents:?
Well I was just correcting you because by reading your post you made it seem you thought the sportlines were 1.7/1.5, when they are not.

It is my two cents, but coilovers aren't very cheap. Megans are pretty much the best bang for your buck and run about $800-$900. I mean S-Techs +AGX cost roughly $700. You could try running S-Techs (Which are 1.7 front 1.5 rear).

Also, i think you are talking about those shitty coilover sleeves...

·
Titanium Spork
9,045 Posts
i think you guys are talking about 2 different types of coilovers. got riceboy is talking REAL coilovers, and solar is talking about those no name ebay crap things that they CALL coilovers.

·
Tiny Member
781 Posts
yeah. you want this

not this

Ground control actually makes some pretty decent sleeves. They use Eibach springs and when paired with a set of Konis or even the AGXs will result in a pretty nice street setup. Real coilovers arent really necessary unless you plan on hitting the track often.

·
Remember the Name
1,734 Posts
Ground control actually makes some pretty decent sleeves. They use Eibach springs and when paired with a set of Konis or even the AGXs will result in a pretty nice street setup. Real coilovers arent really necessary unless you plan on hitting the track often.
Is there any truth to this statement? I'm in the process searching around for different suspension setups

·
Boobs!? WHERE!?!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah thank you Scarr... I was confused there. He, Got Rice Boy), was talking about them being excellent and I remembered them looking like those sleeve things... I.E. Cheap as shit. Sorry Rice, we had a miscommunication. Anywho, they sound like a good idea though. I just really enjoy the tuning capabilities of the AGX shocks... I love how I can set the damper to go from a nice Sunday drive to carving out at an autocross event. The shocks have never failed me, it's the damn springs I dislike. So any way to fix them? Can I stretch them perhaps?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts