Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

What finish would you prefer to see on the v2 knob?

• Polished stainless steel

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 6061 Billet Aluminum

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Leather wrapped

Votes: 11 34.4%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just an FYI to the community, the limited production run of the shift knobs I produced in 2007 sold out. I'm int he final phase of the version 2 design. It will either be solid 6061 ALuminum, solid stainless steel and polished, or will be a heavy raw material and possibly wrapped in leather. Either way, this knob is designed to be a tight fitted screw in replacement knob for any short shifter kit or OEM shifter for all applications Mitsubishi.

I'm posting a poll to see what preference people have before I finish this knob in the upcoming 1-2 months. :)

Rendering -

Draft measurements -

·
Premium Member
16,710 Posts
Very nice design.

·
n00b hater
5,255 Posts
My personal opinion would be to do the 6061 for a few reasons. Personally owning the first gen knob, the temperature factor of the aluminum is by far the best. Never gets blistering cold or hot. The sleekness is nice because it fits your whole palm and is pretty comfortable when just resting your hand on the knob. (As perverse as it sounds, :lol:) To shift fast through the gears or should I say, FINDING the gears with ease was not a problem and a HUGE upgrade when I got the first one. Plus it complements everything inside the car with SCC products. Now it's just a matter of design to me. And I like it.

Leather with time wears out and is just so, BLAH! But I don't like leather shifts anyways. :dunno:

IMO seriously, if you guys/girls are looking for a nice complimented knob, :lol: you wouldn't be dissappointed. When that knob screws on, let me tell you, it screws on. No sloppiness whatsoever. (My mind is elsewhere :yesway:)

I'm guessing SS would be a little bit more pricey. Would you be venturing on still making the 3G parts you currently do in SS to compliment the v2 knob?

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My personal opinion would be to do the 6061 for a few reasons. Personally owning the first gen knob, the temperature factor of the aluminum is by far the best. Never gets blistering cold or hot. The sleekness is nice because it fits your whole palm and is pretty comfortable when just resting your hand on the knob. (As perverse as it sounds, :lol:) To shift fast through the gears or should I say, FINDING the gears with ease was not a problem and a HUGE upgrade when I got the first one. Plus it complements everything inside the car with SCC products. Now it's just a matter of design to me. And I like it.

Leather with time wears out and is just so, BLAH! But I don't like leather shifts anyways. :dunno:

IMO seriously, if you guys/girls are looking for a nice complimented knob, :lol: you wouldn't be dissappointed. When that knob screws on, let me tell you, it screws on. No sloppiness whatsoever. (My mind is elsewhere :yesway:)

I'm guessing SS would be a little bit more pricey. Would you be venturing on still making the 3G parts you currently do in SS to compliment the v2 knob?
SS is more expensive, and leather would make it even higher. Leather would need to be hand finished on each knob and is a pretty extensive process. But your point is very valid about temperatures which is why I choose billet aluminum over stainless steel in the past.

I'm still up in the air, but I'm definitely really evaluating the pricing options, supply/demand, and also marketability. I'll update on a decision and also once I get more votes on this poll to see what every thinks. :)

·
Banned
18,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, for now, I have a test batch actually being machined up. So, I should have 10 within the next 3-4 weeks. I will update with photos then. In the meantime, if anyone is interested to place one on hold - they can contact me directly. :)

·
3clipse41
231 Posts
:

Does anyone have first generation knob from sc-customs that they are willing to sell? I really liked the first one compared to the v2...if so how much shipped to 01001. thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts