Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading rumors of the 20D which state that it will have a 14MP CMOS sensor, live view, shake reduction of course, and 14 bit raw format.. It's supposed to be released before PMA in January... fook sake.. I'm excited. :)

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Cool, glad to see Pentax keeping up with things and staying in it.

More and more I see now where - you own glass, love the glass, keep the glass. The cameras will come and go and change every few years, but hopefully you can keep the glass you love and keep on using it.

I have said many times how much I love the 10-20 and 17-55 that I own, but in retrospect things would be a lot easier right now if I hadn't gone into EF-S (crop only lenses that is, for non Canon followers) glass to start with.

That PMA show I'm sure will have a lot of sweet stuff in it - not like that's a stretch to guess at or anything.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Cool, glad to see Pentax keeping up with things and staying in it.

More and more I see now where - you own glass, love the glass, keep the glass. The cameras will come and go and change every few years, but hopefully you can keep the glass you love and keep on using it.

I have said many times how much I love the 10-20 and 17-55 that I own, but in retrospect things would be a lot easier right now if I hadn't gone into EF-S (crop only lenses that is, for non Canon followers) glass to start with.

That PMA show I'm sure will have a lot of sweet stuff in it - not like that's a stretch to guess at or anything.
I'd love to go with 35mm glass (17-35, 24-70, 70-200), but don't want to drop $5k on a D3. *sigh*

On the other hand, maybe my next piece of glass should be the 70-200 VR, since it would get used on either format :)

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
Yeah, that's the way to do it.

I should have stuck with the stuff that would work on a FF camera, even though I didn't have one and honestly had no expectations to get one in the near future. And we see how that worked out for me. :nuts:

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Well, I would get the new 14-24, but being unable to use filters on the front of it is a deal-killer for me.

Anyhow, on-topic: That sounds like a hell of a feature set, though I would think the new body would use the current 12mp Sony CCD sensor. If they use a 14mp CMOS, then all the better!

·
Premium Member
4,967 Posts
:sam: I have to often learn the hard way. I wouldn't have guessed 6 months ago that I'd be buying a 5D and even care.

Score 1 for Pentax on a similar front, don't the lenses (at least from a chronological standpoint) pretty much all fit: All years, all bodies?

·
Premium Member
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep. I only own one 'cropped' lens. No word yet whether the new body will be full frame or not, however.

·
I Wangs
43,483 Posts
it's not really canon's "fault" that the EF-S lens doesn't work on the 1/5D cameras. they just made that lens to help keep a wide angle on the cropped sensors. again, I was lucky in that I didn't really need or want a very wide angle lens so it never hurt me to not buy an EF-S lens. back when I bought the 20D I never guesssed I'd have the 1D either but I just thought, maybe... and with the price drops of the older models it's very easy to make that jump as you did.

·
Bicoastal Traveler
8,555 Posts
Holy shit, you finally bought! :shock: Congrats, can't wait to see what you can do with it :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts