Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had the SDS on for a month and a half now still hasnt run right. Data logged the entire day on my PDA and I came to the conclusion that its leaning out when I get into boost. 4psi is the max before it sounds like a machine gun or rev limiter (its 60-65% throttle any more unless below 2000rpms)

20-15vacuum o2 voltage is .94 to .92
0psi is .85 to .80 voltage
4psi is .70 and below.

I unpluged the MAS sensor to see if it was a pump/injector issue, I was able to get 9psi but dumped fuel. It was over a quarter tank of gas for the 2mile test with alot of black smoke; but it boosted fine... wouldnt go fast but it didnt make any "machine gun" sound. (i replaced the O2's after this test, the precat stopped working)

What I have
'00 GT Fed Spec (2 O2 sensors)
SDS Stage 2 (9psi pully with meth kit)

Checks
Wiring on BB (checked 4times) :bash:
Fuel pump (new one from Nef tested on his car)
Injectors work (ohm'ed out)
New rotor, cap, wires
Plugs gapped to .036
FPR set at 48psi (should I rasie this?)
Replaced both O2's (same results before and after)
I have a grey box and black box, same results with both
I have two MAP's Trying other one tomorrow morning

Edit:
Tested Maps today, 5 Volts coming in and .50Voltes at 20vacuum going to GB; and raises when vacuum decresses.
Tested voltage of MAP going into GB... .50v at idle 20 vacuum.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
We have a SDS conversion kit which will remedy all of the issues you are having with your car right now.

Why you may ask? Because the conversion kit was carefully crafted to take the existing technology on the car works into a drivable solution which will make anyone happy with their SDS kit (functionality wise). This is done by converting the MAS to a "suck through" solution, since the MAS was never meant to be blown through to begin with. Plus a standard reirculating blow off valve is put in place tweaked properly to alleviate linear pressure as you change the ratio of pulleys used with your SDS system. This is coupled with an industry standard piggyback "E-Manage" to control timing, base line injector changes and direct control over the injector pulses (where the current gb/bb implementation falls short).

·
Boosted
3,343 Posts
try this:

reset computer (pull battery)
use gray box
raise FP to 55psi

how much fuel psi does the car hold after you shut it off? does it fall to 0 immediatly or does it hold 15-20ish for a lil bit? i'd rather try to help you then sell you a thousand dollars of uneeded stuff. (the emanage doesnt quite work right on many cars for timing so dont waste the several hundred dollars there.)

·
Registered
200 Posts
TheFranchise said:
(the emanage doesnt quite work right on many cars for timing so dont waste the several hundred dollars there.)
You keep spreading this same incorrect info. Would you like to come down to the shop and drive one that it "doesnt quite work right" on?

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
TheFranchise said:
try this: the bb/gb doesnt quite work right on many cars.
Fixed :p

·
Ripped Evo
1,178 Posts
ryu said:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by TheFranchise
try this: the bb/gb doesnt quite work right on many cars.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed :p
Thats SO FUNNY sillyboy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheFranchise said:
try this:

reset computer (pull battery)
use gray box
raise FP to 55psi

how much fuel psi does the car hold after you shut it off? does it fall to 0 immediatly or does it hold 15-20ish for a lil bit? i'd rather try to help you then sell you a thousand dollars of uneeded stuff. (the emanage doesnt quite work right on many cars for timing so dont waste the several hundred dollars there.)
It holds 20psi and slowly drops.

Reseting ecu now.

·
Evo IX
1,767 Posts
Kc2Buk said:
Thats SO FUNNY sillyboy.
Im glad your able to laugh at the truth.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
TheFranchise said:
i'd rather try to help you then sell you a thousand dollars of uneeded stuff. (the emanage doesnt quite work right on many cars for timing so dont waste the several hundred dollars there.)
:lol:
It looks like the GB doesnt work quiet well on most cars.

·
Kampfbereit
17,852 Posts
TheFranchise said:
i'd rather try to help you then sell you a thousand dollars of uneeded stuff. (the emanage doesnt quite work right on many cars for timing so dont waste the several hundred dollars there.)
You could use a conversion kit as well Shane. It would fix your fuel economy problem, SES light situation and most likely probably give you more power to boot. If you would like to head down this way to check out the facility, please let me know so we can set it up.

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
Tearstone said:
You could use a conversion kit as well Shane. It would fix your fuel economy problem, SES light situation and most likely probably give you more power to boot. If you would like to head down this way to check out the facility, please let me know so we can set it up.
i wouldnt hold your breath on that one

·
Got Boost? Me either
5,789 Posts
TooN said:
does any one has any suggestions on my problem besides saying the GB/BB is garbage?
send it back to RIPP and get another tune :dunno:

·
Ripped Evo
1,178 Posts
TooN said:
does any one has any suggestions on my problem besides saying the GB/BB is garbage?
You may need to take it to Ripp's.
The BB has never really caused me any pain. The ECU tries to out tune the BB after a few or more months. so I just unhook the battery for a bit and it all back to good after.
I have not had any issues with Ripp's new soft ware in my BB and the ECU.

·
RIPPed
547 Posts
TooN said:
You should call RIPP and talk to them.

Asking any type of advice in this forum is just going to get your kit slammed and your thread will turn into shit like this one did.

·
OMFG
6,632 Posts
TooN said:
I've had the SDS on for a month and a half now still hasnt run right. Data logged the entire day on my PDA and I came to the conclusion that its leaning out when I get into boost. 4psi is the max before it sounds like a machine gun or rev limiter (its 60-65% throttle any more unless below 2000rpms)

20-15vacuum o2 voltage is .94 to .92
0psi is .85 to .80 voltage
4psi is .70 and below.

I unpluged the MAS sensor to see if it was a pump/injector issue, I was able to get 9psi but dumped fuel. It was over a quarter tank of gas for the 2mile test with alot of black smoke; but it boosted fine... wouldnt go fast but it didnt make any "machine gun" sound. (i replaced the O2's after this test, the precat stopped working)

What I have
'00 GT Fed Spec (2 O2 sensors)
SDS Stage 2 (9psi pully with meth kit)

Checks
Wiring on BB (checked 4times) :bash:
Fuel pump (new one from Nef tested on his car)
Injectors work (ohm'ed out)
New rotor, cap, wires
Plugs gapped to .036
FPR set at 48psi (should I rasie this?)
Replaced both O2's (same results before and after)
I have a grey box and black box, same results with both
I have two MAP's Trying other one tomorrow morning

How do I test my MAS to see if its working correctly?
You should log your FuelTrims as well as O2 sensors.

It sounds like your box requires a retune.

Make sure you have the FP set to where it should be set. Then send the box back if its still leaning out.

You can also read your spark plugs to get an idea of how its running.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
TrevMill said:
You should call RIPP and talk to them.

Asking any type of advice in this forum is just going to get your kit slammed and your thread will turn into shit like this one did.

:noplease: :liar:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts