Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
One Sic Mic
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
TheFranchise said:
Anyone have the specs for parts for those who made their own lines?

Anyone have a shop that made them with the proper fittings?

If so please share! thanks :)
:agreed: I'm not a big fan of the hose w/ clamp setup that I have right now either.
 

·
Kampfbereit
Joined
·
17,852 Posts
TheFranchise said:
about 70psi @ 3000 rpm

not sure before.


btw, do you know anything abouy my orig question?
:p
Nah, you guys are doing something different than what we do with the turbos, and I think maybe that's why you guys are having oil pressure problems. Ross didn't know why everyone uses such big oil feed lines. What was your idle oil pressure before the shims, and what was the idle oil pressure after the shims?
 

·
Boosted
Joined
·
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tearstone said:
Nah, you guys are doing something different than what we do with the turbos, and I think maybe that's why you guys are having oil pressure problems. Ross didn't know why everyone uses such big oil feed lines. What was your idle oil pressure before the shims, and what was the idle oil pressure after the shims?
who's having oil pressure problems? what do u guys do with the turbos different?

i idle around 23psi after warm.

i am just looking for some descent oil lines made. i never blew off an oil line on my car or anything like that. i liked Ron's oil lines and they have much more durability. i hate more than anything messing with NPT and earls fittings cause they never work for me so i figure if someone knows the parts/sizes/lengths, etc it would be great time saver.
 

·
Kampfbereit
Joined
·
17,852 Posts
TheFranchise said:
who's having oil pressure problems? what do u guys do with the turbos different?

i idle around 23psi after warm.

i am just looking for some descent oil lines made. i never blew off an oil line on my car or anything like that. i liked Ron's oil lines and they have much more durability. i hate more than anything messing with NPT and earls fittings cause they never work for me so i figure if someone knows the parts/sizes/lengths, etc it would be great time saver.
From what Ross said you guys are having problems holding pressure with the SDS, hence why those shims were created to put in your oil pumps. You still haven't answered my question about what your oil pressure was before the shims were installed. :bash:

KC2BUK had some SS lines on his SDS for the feed. I'm sure he can tell you exactly what you need to know to get-r-done.
 

·
Boosted
Joined
·
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got a question, what did Rezlo mean on a post a while back that upping the oil pressure via shims would cause oil to blow throw the motor?

was he referring to excessive burn?

what your guys oil consumption like?
 

·
Kampfbereit
Joined
·
17,852 Posts
TheFranchise said:
got a question, what did Rezlo mean on a post a while back that upping the oil pressure via shims would cause oil to blow throw the motor?

was he referring to excessive burn?

what your guys oil consumption like?
I'm not sure where Rezlo mentioned that.

Rulez and I get 4.5 (+ or - .1) quarts out of our engines when we change our oil (after we fixed that oil return problem). The other .5 quart of oil I guestimate is the filter. The only reason I know how much we are pulling out is only because we refill the 5 quart Mobil1 jug back up.
 

·
Sebring 6G72
Joined
·
518 Posts
Tearstone said:
I'm not sure where Rezlo mentioned that.

Rulez and I get 4.5 (+ or - .1) quarts out of our engines when we change our oil (after we fixed that oil return problem). The other .5 quart of oil I guestimate is the filter. The only reason I know how much we are pulling out is only because we refill the 5 quart Mobil1 jug back up.
I talk to Rezlo daily... i know he definitly does not recommend the shims at all.

Ill ask him exactly why and get back to you guys. He bought a Silvia in South Africa and is boosting the crap out of that lately.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top