Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to the 3G club was curious if anyone knew anything about setting your gauge cluster to read odometer turning the car off pushing the button 10 times while holding it down on the 10th turning the car on engine off holding for another 5 to 7 seconds before letting off and pushing it one more time and enabling some selection process one through 20?? If so what does it do? Lol

·
New To Site
91 Posts
I am not aware of any James Bond type button that was installed in the 3G.... The trip meter button changes to show for far you went ..press it again and it shows the miles on your car.. I will keep my eye on this post because I am curious to see what others have to say about this..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not aware of any James Bond type button that was installed in the 3G.... The trip meter button changes to show for far you went ..press it again and it shows the miles on your car.. I will keep my eye on this post because I am curious to see what others have to say about this..
Yes I'm talking about the trip button if you turn the car off as long as it's showing the odometer reading shut it off hold push it 10 times on the 10th time you push it hold it in turn the car on engine off keep holding it for about 7 seconds release it and then push it and you'll see one you push it again it goes two three all the way up to twenty I don't know what that does... I discovered it trying to find a self-check cluster procedure and then I started guessing LOL

·
New To Site
91 Posts
I have read my Haynes manual and don`t see what your talking about... Do you have an operators manual in the glove box..I also did a search on line and came up with nothing.. This might be a question the Mitsubishi dealership can answer ....

·
Stage 1 SDS @11+ psi
2,997 Posts
You may have stumbled on a diagnostics check for the gauge cluster. Never heard about this myself. Can you post a video of what you saw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read my Haynes manual and don`t see what your talking about... Do you have an operators manual in the glove box..I also did a search on line and came up with nothing.. This might be a question the Mitsubishi dealership can answer ....
Okay so I have talked to the dealership they looked in the service manual whatever other manuals they have available there is nothing about this procedure or function or what it does they directed me over to someone who they sub work out to to fix speedometers thinking if anybody knew he would yeah no idea and he has no idea why my car is telling me the wrong speed at 35 mph I'm doing 38 at 45 I'm doing 50 at 53 I'm doing 60 at 80 I'm doing 95....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so I have talked to the dealership they looked in the service manual whatever other manuals they have available there is nothing about this procedure or function or what it does they directed me over to someone who they sub work out to to fix speedometers thinking if anybody knew he would yeah no idea and he has no idea why my car is telling me the wrong speed at 35 mph I'm doing 38 at 45 I'm doing 50 at 53 I'm doing 60 at 80 I'm doing 95....

·
New To Site
91 Posts
Well you have definitely stumbled on to some thing there . I have no idea what this might be and every one I have talk to is oblivious too ..

·
Registered
593 Posts
235,55 R17 that only puts my speed at three miles an hour over going to the stock 50s instead of 55s
Uhm no you're wrong. Those tires are much taller than 215/50R17.... They're 20mm wider (215 vs 235) and 43.5mm taller ((50% of 215) * 2 vs (55% of 235) * 2). That's over 1.5" of difference in height which is why your speedometer is way off. I bet those look like huge truck tires on it. Here's a visual representation if you still can't understand.

www.tiresize.com/calculator is what you can use to compare tire sizes.

·
New To Site
91 Posts
Those tire sizes will definitely through the speedometer out of wack...you are so right Murkrow...
Okay, so you found 1 to 20 on the trip meter button ... So..... when your at any one of these numbers one to twenty whats next... How would you set the trip meter to any given number .... and what would it do... If the dealership don`t know and the tech guy don`t know and if Murkrow don`t know then it ain`t nothin.................Take his advice and change your tire size ......

·
Registered
259 Posts
Those tire sizes will definitely through the speedometer out of wack...you are so right Murkrow...
Okay, so you found 1 to 20 on the trip meter button ... So..... when your at any one of these numbers one to twenty whats next... How would you set the trip meter to any given number .... and what would it do... If the dealership don`t know and the tech guy don`t know and if Murkrow don`t know then it ain`t nothin.................Take his advice and change your tire size ......
If Murkrow doesn't know, then it don't exist.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sounds like some sort of cluster diagnostic to perform sweeps/light tests but pretty much useless. We haven't dealt with it at my dealership. If you're really curious I can give you 2 phone numbers of places we send clusters to for repair/odometer reprogramming if you'd still like to ask.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like some sort of cluster diagnostic to perform sweeps/light tests but pretty much useless. We haven't dealt with it at my dealership. If you're really curious I can give you 2 phone numbers of places we send clusters to for repair/odometer reprogramming if you'd still like to ask.
okay so it is not any kind of diagnostic and in order to select said one through 20 you simply hold down the trip button until you see your odometer come back with how many miles are on your vehicle then if you were to go back into the setting you'll see that you are then at the selected setting however I can't see any change across the board with using torque app and OBD-II scanner on anything as far as tire size goes the sticker on my door tells me that the stock tire size is 235 50 r17 minor that exact same size except for 55 instead of 50 the shop calculated it you came up with three miles per hour difference give or take but that doesn't account for being 15 miles per hour off at approximately 80 mph according to speedometer GPS has me going 95. I kind of gave up on trying to figure out what that does I just was kind of curious if anyone knew about it but thank you all for the comments and responses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Want to apologize after double checking myself after finally getting glasses lol you are correct my tire size is supposed to be 215/50r17 just funny how no one else even questioned that when I told him the stock size even from the dealership LMAO anyway thank you all for the responses again I apologize for my mistake on my own tires I've only owned this car for less than a year lol

·
New To Site
91 Posts

Ummmm.. yes you do need glasses cause murkrow told you this earlier in this post that your tires where wrong.. Glad that you have your problem solved ...(y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts