·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously thinking about turboing my Strat. Here are some basics:
- 2003 R/T
- 46,000 miles
- Auto trans

Now, I found twin turbos that were recommended for the Stratus because they are internally wastegated at 7psi. Some one said that twin turbo was not worth the money so I plan on just using one of them and having a spare. On 7psi, I can have stock internals so I would then need:
- Turbo manifold
- Hot pipes
- Intercooler
- Cold pipes
- Injectors of some sort
- Form of piggyback
For the turbo manifold, can I use one made for an Eclipse? I would have a shop do all of the piping and things so what would be the range of price to have them install it? For a tune, can I use the BRAT from Ripp to tune the car? If not, what are my other options?

·
Resident Asshole
5,940 Posts
Wow holy crap.

Seriously man you need to put your brain in neutral for a second. Right now you have 5 bazillion thoughts running through your head about boosting your car. You think you are going to be the next vin diesel and wh00p up on some fewls. Slow down. Ease your roll. Pull over to the side and pretend I'm a cop.

The first thing you need to do before you even think about opening your wallet is begin to read these forums. Read about other people's experiences and please for the love of God learn what the fuck you are talking about. If I gather correctly from your response, you don't want to spend a lot of money. That means that you need to be able to do the majority of the work yourself. From what you just described above, I'm inclined to believe that you don't know what the fuck you are talking about which is why I first suggested that you start to read.

You have a long journey ahead of you. You have much to learn and all the time in the world. You see, there is currently no one producing a turbo kit for the V6. That will inevitably change whenever I get off my lazy ass (sarcasm for the slow!) and produce a kit. The only way you will turbo your car right now is if you buy a used kit or have one custom built. If you can't do the work yourself, expect to spend ALOT of money. I'm not even going to begin to brush the surface of why you can expect to spend money on a motor sooner rather than later. I think you should learn for yourself by reading about the other brave souls who have been trying to turbocharge this car now going on eight years.

Do everyone here a favor and learn from those who have gone before you. We attempt to document our journeys through modification bliss (or hell depending on your viewpoint) so that others can gain from our experiences. In all honesty, we'd probably be more willing to share and help out but many of us have become jaded as these questions arise on an almost seemingly daily basis with no regard to the pages upon pages of threads of information on the very subject you so wish to have us enlighten you on.

So for now adieu, as I could have probably answered your questions already but I felt that I just needed to pour out a little of myself tonight. Remember dear Internet friend, the search feature is your best friend!

Reactions: Guy

·
turbo? unf unf!
1,972 Posts
^ it gets frustrating i know!

·
Resident Asshole
6,056 Posts
^ it gets frustrating i know!
It gets beyond frustrating.

I'm actually going to agree with what Greg said in his post. Hell I'm even going to agree with him being a lazy ass :fawk: Take the time to SEARCH and learn otherwise you are going to be spending more then the $9k someone mentioned before me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amen all you make very much sence. I have been tryong to turbo my bitch since i got it back in 03 now up till today i have not found a company that makes a kit for it. Well I did but it will all cost me 8 k and I probably would have needed a different ECU so 9 k sound abouyt right. I came to the point that i can do all the wok ny self and buy everything separately but my only problem and real money spender would be custum making the intake manifold. If I can find a way to custum make that. I can honestly say Ill be money!!!!!!! Any other ideas and sorry but im very new here so I havent read much but Im working on it

·
BOOST gets me laid!
1,176 Posts
^first...you resurrected an 8 month old thread instead of reading more...my idea is:

Please Search because as everyone else has stated before, it's been talked about and it is very expensive.

If you're really prepared to spend $6 or more thousand dollars on your car, why not get a 2g AWD DSM for that much and call it a day?

...the end

1 - 10 of 10 Posts