Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, on top of my snapped spring my car failed emissions :D. My exhaust system is stock besides r&d catback. The car apparently failed because the SES light was on, they didn't even bother to hook it up to test the exhaust gas...

Now last year i had the same conditions and i passed emissions only that before going in i cleared my ses code with an obs scanner. Everything went fine. SO im about to try going in for a retest after i clear the code again but its not really solving the problem, and thats something i want to take care of. I have no faith in shops, so i wanna try fixing this myself with a bit of help from here.

The SES code is P0403 - EGR flow circuit malfunction. I've had this for a while now, probably over a year, never seem to affect the car in any way so i kept delaying taking care of this.

So far i checked my o2 sensors to see if they were wired right still. In past i ran a header setup where i had to extent the o2 sensors. Its all holding up.

First thing i wanted to check would be the diode in the EGR system, or some sorts of EGR sensors. I've looked through the repair manual but i couldn't find any info on where its located or how it looks like. If someone could point me to it (the diode) i would appreciate it.

Any other info would be nice too.

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Replace your EGR solenoid.

I had the same code, replaced it. Gone. It's not life threatening or anything though, it won't really affect much from my understanding.

If you need any more info, look here:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/48267-egr-problem.html

That's where I found all my info.

I didn't bother replacing any of the valves or anything, just the actual solenoid FYI. It solved all the problems. The part was about $40ish shipped to me and I got charged $20 for someone to put it in (I didn't want to mess with it since I don't know where it is exactly.)

You can get the part here:

Auto Parts People

The part number is: MR127520

Edit: Make sure you give your VIN number too to ensure you get the right part! Oh yeah, they're all OEM parts too - FYI.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace your EGR solenoid.

I had the same code, replaced it. Gone. It's not life threatening or anything though, it won't really affect much from my understanding.

If you need any more info, look here:
http://www.club3g.com/forum/problem-reports/48267-egr-problem.html

That's where I found all my info.

I didn't bother replacing any of the valves or anything, just the actual solenoid FYI. It solved all the problems. The part was about $40ish shipped to me and I got charged $20 for someone to put it in (I didn't want to mess with it since I don't know where it is exactly.)

You can get the part here:

Auto Parts People

The part number is: MR127520

Edit: Make sure you give your VIN number too to ensure you get the right part! Oh yeah, they're all OEM parts too - FYI.
Thanks pretty much what i was looking for thanks, ereped

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only one problem though. As fas as searching the part number goes, there is only 1 control solenoid and its listed for a montero. The rest are all listed as valves in the description. Am i looking on the right screen?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Only one problem though. As fas as searching the part number goes, there is only 1 control solenoid and its listed for a montero. The rest are all listed as valves in the description. Am i looking on the right screen?
That part number does come up as a valve on that website for everything but the Montero...but if you look at the part number, they're all the same...just different names for the same part...

·
It's Me
818 Posts
Pick up the one from the Collision Catalog, the 2nd posting.

Make sure you get the 3.0L one since you have a 3.0L. Just throw in the VIN and you'll be ok.

Thanks for the e-rep!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts