Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately my car has been chugging off the start unless I take it really easy, I thought it was from the cold but just tonight I noticed The SES light. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Have you checked to see why the SES light is coming on (i.e. have you checked the codes)? Seriously, I'm trying not to sound rash, but with the little bit of information you've provided do you really think that anyone can diagnose what's wrong with your car?

Get the codes checked, then Search for what the codes mean, then search for possible fixes, then if you still don't know post what you've checked along with any modifications to your car and anything else you think would be helpful and we might be able to help you figure it out...but with the little bit of info you've provided, we'd have about as good of a chance of solving the Kennedy assasination as we would with troubleshooting your problem...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so like go to autozone and find out what code was thrown?
this just happened tonight, and I wouldnt be posting asking for help if I knew what to do....

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
so like go to autozone and find out what code was thrown?
this just happened tonight, and I wouldnt be posting asking for help if I knew what to do....
Yup...just go to Autozone and they will check your codes for free...then come back on hear and search for the thread with all the codes and it'll point you in the right direction...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well autozone is closed for a day:dunno:
thanks for the replies, i thought it was misfiring myself, if thats the problem will new coil packs fix it? i think thats what there called...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
well autozone is closed for a day:dunno:
thanks for the replies, i thought it was misfiring myself, if thats the problem will new coil packs fix it? i think thats what there called...
Just wait until you get the codes to try and start troubleshooting it...that's what they're for, to point you in the right direction...otherwise, we're really in the same place as we were after your first post...enjoy the holiday and try again tomorrow...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
they told me cylinbder 4 was my problem
i think i saw P0304
they said change all the spark plugs and check the coil packs for corrosion and to see if it was still rubbery, what do you guys say?

P0304 Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
was the code i looked up.
so should i change all 4 and check/change the coil pack?
change #4 plug and check/change the coil pack?
im gonna search for what spark plug to get now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
which one to get?
Denso / Spark Plug
5303 $12.99

Note:
Iridium

Store: Online:

Denso / Spark Plug
3264 $5.99

Note:
Premium

Ngk Gp Series / Spark Plug
7090 $2.89

Ngk Ix Series / Spark Plug
5464 $7.99

Ngk V-Power / Spark Plug
6953 $2.09

Ngk Standard / Spark Plug
2382 $2.09

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the print out i got for firing order says front of vehicle
1234 ,
but the damn engine is sideways wtf? which one is 4? pass side? driver side?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok i got 4 ngk vpower since they only cost 2.09/ea
i got the dielelectic and the antiseize and a long extension. im gonna chg them tom.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
took me about 20 min. i even cleaned corrosion from battery while i was at it. runs strong, no ses light and no stalling.
I even started practicing my launch after learning from the "How to launch an automatic thread"
NICE!
Thanks guys, I will try to search better next time and use my head and go to autozone to find out codes before asking questions.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
took me about 20 min. i even cleaned corrosion from battery while i was at it. runs strong, no ses light and no stalling.
I even started practicing my launch after learning from the "How to launch an automatic thread"
NICE!
Thanks guys, I will try to search better next time and use my head and go to autozone to find out codes before asking questions.
Glad it has been solved...and good on you for your last statement...if only more people would be open to the idea...:bigthumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts