Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

SES Light, Can't Read Code

2575 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Superunknown
My SES light is on so I took it to AutoZone and the data port under the steering wheel wouldn't give a reading. The employee said it's shot. How can I resolve this?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
first ya went to autozone. and this just happened to me its not shot its a fuse. thats y it isnt reading it.

for future refrence come to advance auto in shop city
Oh, and theres a fuse for your OBDII port in the interior fuse box (driver's door)
thanks for the help. Which fuse exactly controls the obdII port?
thanks for the help. Which fuse exactly controls the obdII port?
Read the box Diagram and it wil tell you and also check the fuses you will know what fuse is blown trust me it will have a black melted look inside.
I checked every interior fuse and none are blown.
I checked every interior fuse and none are blown.
I'm guessing you visually checked them. Check them again with a DVM. The OBDII fuse (and any other blown fuse) will have no continuity.

If all fuses are found to be good then check the OBDII pins for voltage. If you find voltage then maybe the Autozone dude was just retarded.
I consulted the owner's manual but it said nothing about what fuse belongs to the OBDII. It must be a shared fuse with something else, not sure what fuse it is though.
Well it turned out to be the fuel filler pipe rusted to shit. $425 just for the part itself.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.