·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
okay ill start with this.

2001 dodge stratus
automatic
no longer have any major audio/electrical mods

this all started the other day when my car was broken into. i had to get my pass. side window replaced same day and it ended up costing me $273.xx. anyways, on my way back i immediately noticed something wrong. my pass. side door lock was acting funny like it didn't want to go into the lock position. my auto-roll door locks didn't work, and neither did my dome lights. once i turn the ignition into the off position nothing works. the car doesnt indicate any open doors, dome lights, door locks, headlights, nothing works.

i also had my alpine head unit ripped out of the car, and its left to dangling wires. im not sure if this is an issue. i checked my fuses and noticed that one of the two fuses inside the yellow clip in my engine bay were blown. i replaced it, and nothing changed, same ole problems. i have yet to replace my relays.

also, since the electrical issue, my cars idle is garbage. it will fluxuate and occasionally die.

i contacted the place that fixed my car a few days later and they basically said im fucked, and hung up on me. they refused to help me at all.

so now im left with a heep of problems i have to pay out of my pocket to fix. :scratch:

you guys have any ideas what could be wrong?

·
Low and Slow.
1,798 Posts
First thing I would check is to make sure none of the wires for the stereo are touching each other, or the frame of the car and go to 'ground'. The lock isnt working most likely because of error on the person who installed the new window.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all wires from my stereo are intact in the factory grey and black clips still. i took off the torn apart pigtail from my old headunit.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Your fusible link might be toast...it's a part of the circuits for the headlights, dome light, door locks, etc. Unfortunately, what you're probably going to have to do is just follow the schematic and start tracing circuits...there's no telling what the thiefs might have taken...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts