Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So only does that when you put it in drive and you can't get past 3K And will over heat if you come to a stop light and sit there for a while but if you take a turn going a decent speed you can floor it and there's no issue whatsoever but as soon as you straighten backup it falls on its face

·
Here for the drama
151 Posts
I hope you used genuine parts when replacing the Distributor and the ckps, they can be very sensitive and finicky when using aftermarket, we’ve seen come backs due to aftermarket sensors. If so, make sure timing is on point as well.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not sure if you replaced with oem for the distributor? Any aftermarket one will have the wrong reluctor wheel within it. You need to take it apart and swap the oem into the new distributor. Your sending wrong signals without the right wheel. Had the exact same thing happen to me. The 01 has 1 pin on the wheel, the others have 3 or 4...I forget which. Could also be the belt as said above if not both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure if you replaced with oem for the distributor? Any aftermarket one will have the wrong reluctor wheel within it. You need to take it apart and swap the oem into the new distributor. Your sending wrong signals without the right wheel. Had the exact same thing happen to me. The 01 has 1 pin on the wheel, the others have 3 or 4...I forget which. Could also be the belt as said above if not both.
The guy I bought it from previously did change out the distributer bu he used an after market one I'm not sure what kind but he also says that it was doing this way before that

·
Registered
464 Posts
No offense but who's going to be doing the work on your car? Cause it sounds like the things we're explaining with the timing belt and distributor are beyond your current level of understanding and I think asking you to dig into them may potentially create a lot bigger issue. It might be best to have a more experienced person diagnose and fix the issue.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got a buddy

I've never messed with timing nor do I want to.
Have your buddy verify the condition of the timing belt and that the engine is still in time before opening the distributor to check which wheel it has. If you get to the point of checking the wheel, there are 2 variants depending on which under hood fuse box you have. If you have an L shaped fuse box, your distributor should have a 1 lobe reluctor wheel. If you have a square fuse box, your distributor should have a 4 lobe reluctor wheel. I have extras of both wheels so if you need one we can figure out a way to get it to you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have your buddy verify the condition of the timing belt and that the engine is still in time before opening the distributor to check which wheel it has. If you get to the point of checking the wheel, there are 2 variants depending on which under hood fuse box you have. If you have an L shaped fuse box, your distributor should have a 1 lobe reluctor wheel. If you have a square fuse box, your distributor should have a 4 lobe reluctor wheel. I have extras of both wheels so if you need one we can figure out a way to get it to you.
I am interested in a single lobe if you've got one shipped to 08869. PM me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts